Burgers

Ben

I have been avoiding hamburger meat since my surgery because various things I read said it may be hard on my stomach. So I have had a turkey burger a couple of times and it was OK. Last night I stopped at In N Out and got a double double with extra cheese with grilled onions protein style. It was Freaking Awesome. I couldn't quite finish it all but it is about 40g of protein and 11g of carbs and 3 of the carbs are dietary fiber. If you live anywhere near an In N Out I highly recommend picking one up.

I have been avoiding hamburger meat since my surgery because various things I read said it may be hard on my stomach. So I have had a turkey burger a couple of times and it was OK. Last night I stopped at In N Out and got a double double with extra cheese with grilled onions protein style. It was Freaking Awesome. I couldn't quite finish it all but it is about 40g of protein and 11g of carbs and 3 of the carbs are dietary fiber. If you live anywhere near an In N Out I highly recommend picking one up.
In N Out is a religious experience...but the closest one to me is FIVE states to the west of me in TX!

I apparently didn't get the memo about burgers being hard to handle...but I did use applesauce on top for about the first month. Would take me about 4 sittings to eat an 8 oz burger. And I'm sorry but turkey burger is an oxymoron!

Good to hear! I've been afraid to try hamburger, too. Can't do a runny egg without seeing it 2 minutes later, so maybe in a couple weeks I'll get adventurous like you, Ben! I've always been a beef eater - I miss it!

This gives me hope that on occassion I will be able to enjoy a nice cheeseburger. I am only going to be 3 weeks out, so I am not at the stage to try beef yet.

For a long time, I could eat hamburger in things like chili or tacos or soup, but hamburgers were too dense for me. I'm okay with them now, but if you haven't tried them yet just treat lightly at first! Ben, that's awesome that it worked well for you!

God, please please please DO NOT talk about In N Out. It's cruel and unusual punishment for those of us who are geographically cursed to be nowhere near one :tongue:. I've been jonesing for In N Out for years

I'm in my 8th year out and every burger is STILL not created equal. Have never had In N Out but would love to try them.

One of my first attempts at a burger was a Jack Daniels burger at....Um, are they at Fridays? OMG the PAIN. And puking. McD's cheeseburgers were fine from the outset, though.

I'm over eight years out and STILL couldn't eat that much in one sitting. But I have had their single cheeseburger on multiple occasions!

There are locations in Texas, Austin and Dallas/Ft Worth area. Have not tried them yet but hear was ver good but do not think they can beat Whataburger.... No Way! :)

Also I have been getting burgers and using my own bread, Natures Own has a bread that is sugar free and low carb.

It's funny, Elizabeth, how you mention the differences with burgers! It's sooo true. If I eat a burger from McDonalds I get the worst stomach cramps. If I have one from Red Robin, I'm blowing up the whole room with toxic gas, but if I get one from Carls Jr. or a homemade one, I'm fine! It's insane the differences to my body. I always get worried when I try them at a new place.

I won't TOUCH Red Robin...I had the single worst case of food poisoning from one in Michigan. I know all are different but it's colored my view of them.

Now, Car's Jr are known as Hardee's here. They are okay but their forte is breakfast...they win that war!

Here, my option of choice is Five Guys for a chain...

Latest posts

Back