Been on the quiet side recently..

Jo777

Aug 2017
partly due to tendonitis from a RSI (mouse elbow) which is a real pain.. partly being a little stress-monkey with work/parent worries and coming out of my annual winter blues. Figured I'd hop on and ramble a bit.

Couple things I've done today: weighed for the first time in a month- doing good- 151 and change 27% BF. I'm still aiming for about 145ish, and 25% but it will happen. The winter blues combined with some poor holiday out of control eating led to about 10 extra, but it's been coming off slowly without stressing, and my jeans fit.. so all in all, I'm happy. I find I do better not tracking/weighing. I still do obsess about the fact that if I ever could get the pannus and arm/thigh work done, I really would not need to drop anymore. I tend to get boney much below 145, but that darn belly flop bugs me.

I tried a keratin at home hair straightening treatment to tame my ever frizzy wavy hair. Seems pretty decent.. if it keeps me looking less like Rosana Rosana Dana I'll be happy. If not, I chop it all off again.

I'm really loving my new-to-me car, so that's a plus.. the last one tried to kill me twice and I vowed (and kept it) to never drive or ride in it again.

We are expecting storm number.. ??? this Sunday, 6-10". I am so over this, I may call in rather than get up at 4am and try to commute to work. Last time I did that it was nearly 2hrs.. and of course, nearly no one showed.

Still coughing up the green hamsters, but at least I don't feel crappy anymore. Learned Primatine pills and coffee turn me into superwoman for a while. I've had several URIs this year, the benefits of being around kids.. down-side, if I visit my foks (mom smokes nearly 3packs a day in a closed house) I can almost guarantee a trip to the dr the next day or two for breathing tx, and having a HDHP.. that's not something that makes me happy. So, I've been scarce with visits (which is good for the sanity too, as mom seems to be getting fairly mean-spirited of late, I think dementia/diabetes mental decline has really set it, either that or valium and alcohol (she's recently taken up bacardi & coke) and doesn't test her BS at all anymore.. and eats like crap.

No vacations planned, that needs to change.. but no real PTO for me, vs Todd, who has weeks a year. Ah well, unpaid is fine too if they let me.

Mardi Gras party if weather holds Sat, got a cool purple dress and high boots, should be a hoot, and if not- we skip out to a local place we like. Maybe i'll get some pix and post them, it's been a while for a PW boost.

Happy for the extra light, now we just need some warm weather damnit.

Hey there stranger! Glad you're coming out of the winter doldrums. They suck.

Someone on the open VSG group on FB was asking about clean eating with VSG. I wanted to page you over there and then got distracted and forgot, so if you're in the mood to go look.....

Yeah, I think next year I'm going to try to be a bit more pro-active and get on a low dose of Wellbutrin or something. What I REALLY need is to run away someplace closer to the equator for the entire winter, but I'm unfortunately not rich.

Hey @Elizabeth N. , I think I found it.. and requested an in. The lady stating agave is a good natural unprocessed sweetener though.. ugh. Yeah. I may not last. I work with someone that thinks agave is great. I tried to point her in the direction of reading about it- but in her head, it says "nectar" so it has to be natural, which of course is healthy. Ugh.

The stupid is abundant there. But when I saw that thread, I hoped that you might be able to talk a moment or two of sense :). I just approved you. Weird, it used to be completely open.

Glad your still treading water. It has to get easier.

I have an opinion about everything and am always compelled to share, so I gotta ask - Primatene? Any chance you can get just a inhaled steroid? Nothing is great, but those are decent at keeping lung inflammation at bay, and not too much gets into the blood stream to mess things up.

@bearmom , I have an albuterol inhaler for emergency needs (only time I need it is if I get bronchitis/visit a super-smoky house for hours, other than that- no issues with asthma, never gets used) - I take the ephedrine tabs (Primatine) only when I have a chest/head cold as the decongestant action works better than Sudafed (and longer acting) for me.. just enough expectorant too. The Mucinex tabs are too much, and make me feel icky..

Hey @Elizabeth N. , I think I found it.. and requested an in. The lady stating agave is a good natural unprocessed sweetener though.. ugh. Yeah. I may not last. I work with someone that thinks agave is great. I tried to point her in the direction of reading about it- but in her head, it says "nectar" so it has to be natural, which of course is healthy. Ugh.

I don't use Agave but have read it's lower on the glycemic index etc. Please educate as I tend to offer my two cents on nutrition from time to time.

Thanks!!

Agave does have a lower glycemic index and glycemic load than do many other sugar sources, but it still contains just as many carbs (and calories) as any other such product.

Agave does have a lower glycemic index and glycemic load than do many other sugar sources, but it still contains just as many carbs (and calories) as any other such product.
I found thru testing with my meter that honey had the LEAST effect on my blood sugars. I still had to count the carbs for my insulin dose but the rise and afll was so totally less over all.

But that is what I found for me...

Jo - I have the winter blues as well & don't think the fancy light I bought helped any. I can really see myself traveling twice a year since no one climate is good for year round. maybe when my dogs die.

sadly, it sounds like a good thing you aren't seeing as much of your parents - that's horrible to watch and you don't need the bad air. :jpshakehead:
how is your Dad's health?

I can eat any kind of sugar as long as I have protein on board - I like honey because of the taste. but I make sure that it's really honey and not sugar water from China!

Latest posts

Back