2nd hit and run. WTF?

I often wonder how all of us lived - my parents had a 1960 VW Minibus - before the whole seatbelt thing became known, all four of us (ages ~ 1 to 8) would ride in the back trunk section, behind the seats, waving at the drivers behind us. Keep in mind, there was no actual trunk - a car hitting us from behind would have squashed us in that tin can before we would have died of injuries caused by being flung around/outside of the car. When my parents became aware of the importance of seatbelts, they were horrified, and IMMEDIATELY had the minibus retrofitted and we were never allowed to ride back there again.

I often wonder how all of us lived - my parents had a 1960 VW Minibus - before the whole seatbelt thing became known, all four of us (ages ~ 1 to 8) would ride in the back trunk section, behind the seats, waving at the drivers behind us. Keep in mind, there was no actual trunk - a car hitting us from behind would have squashed us in that tin can before we would have died of injuries caused by being flung around/outside of the car. When my parents became aware of the importance of seatbelts, they were horrified, and IMMEDIATELY had the minibus retrofitted and we were never allowed to ride back there again.

Yup...MiniSue's favorite place in ours was "the back back."

Well Liz posted an article on FB that basically said we won't be owning cars or driving ourselves within five years.

Much more scary than cool to me. Unemployment is going to be huge with all of these tech advances. Humans are going to be less and less needed over the next 15 years. This will be like nothing we have seen before

Much more scary than cool to me. Unemployment is going to be huge with all of these tech advances. Humans are going to be less and less needed over the next 15 years. This will be like nothing we have seen before
Absolutely true! We will have McJobs and robots! And the robots will have full employment.

Latest posts

Back