It’s been 11 years now, as of 1/24/2022

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
And a hell of a ride.
I’ve gotten to the point where I really don’t think about the old me. Nobody in my medical community knows me as obese, hell, I was only a few pounds overweight when we first settled in the area, and not enough for them to say “well, if you’d only lose a few pounds” as an excuse for my ailments. And I’ve developed a few, mostly related to being over 60. We did get extremely lucky and found a primary care doctor willing to listen and learn about the DS. And she treats us as educated adults. We’ve given her medical literature to support our needs and she reads and listens. If we come across something new, she is interested in hearing about it. She has been more than willing to pull our very extensive lab work, and work with us, if it gets thrown back at us. In fact, we discovered that the hospital lab isn’t reporting the D correctly. She wants to have one more set of proof to go to them with the details.

Anyway, I started the lockdown at 143 in March 2020. I’m probably one of the few that didn’t have Covid gain. I managed to be at 141 18 months later. My biggest issue has been I’m shrinking. At least my torso is. My legs are still a 32. But from there to my head has lost 1 1/2 inches. So my BMI went up. Instead of normal, I slipped back into overweight and it makes me crazy to have that on my medical chart. im still dealing with diabetes but it’s under excellent control with my current medication.

Apparently I developed Sjogrens, at least thru symptoms if not thru blood tests. I already have another autoimmune disease so my PCP and I agree to add it. The worst symptom was the dry mouth. I would wake up in the middle of the night so dry that my mouth was glued shut. No saliva at all. In fact, it developed into a horrid disease called ANUG. Please never let that happen to you. That was in Aug. Took 12 days of just liquids and medications to get me well enough to eat soft foods. I lost about 10 pounds. I think I hit 130 at that point. I kept losing for a bit longer but wasn’t too worried as it was still hard to eat. By Oct, I was well but my weight was not going up like typical after a liquid diet.

I started off the year at 126. My PCP wasn’t too worried until that point. Now she’s concerned cause I’m still losing. We are running blood tests to see if there is something there.

Currently, I’m 122, a size 6 but that’s baggy unless I have base layers on.

I don’t look bad with clothes on, but without, I look like a concentration camp survivor.

Charles and I April 2010 before surgery

Me at my absolute lowest with oldest grandson, you can see all the angles of my body. But I did fill back out.

This one was taken mid December, I was at 127 and that was a good weight.

The ANUG was news to me: never heard of it or anyone with it. terrible.

I don’t look bad with clothes on, but without, I look like a concentration camp survivor.

something complex is going on for sure; I pray someone can figure it out.

you and some others here are the smartest people I know - if you can't figure it out, I need to believe you can find someone who can!

:5grouphug:

Latest posts

Back