Will I ever feel normal?

I know this sounds stupid but every time I get up I feel searing pain in one side of my belly hang....and to get through it I repeat over and over in my head "I am brave". I know it sounds silly as anything, but I can't be afraid to move because I know it will hurt, I need to be brave and feel the pain as the more I feel it, the less it should hurt (right? lol)
Time will help!

You *are* brave. So that's an excellent mantra for you. :) Hang in there, dear Roo. It's a tough climb, but you will make it to the top of that mountain.

time is the thing.

it's OK to be Not Happy or to not try (or try so hard) to be happy. whatever you need. so, "uni modules" means classes of some sort? sorry, I don't know what is going on.

time is the thing.

it's OK to be Not Happy or to not try (or try so hard) to be happy. whatever you need. so, "uni modules" means classes of some sort? sorry, I don't know what is going on.
Yes. I do distance learning university and the modules are the classes. I have papers due shorty and barely have energy to sit upright.

Do you have a binder to wear? I found that helped keep my belly firm and not jiggling all over when I'd get up or do my walking. Any pains I feel now are dull and I think about those damn abdominal adhesions forming. I dunno if that's what it is, but if so, I want it in a nice compact package!

I think you are doing just what you ought to. One day at a time, give yourself a break, be patient and let yourself have time to heal. :)

No Binder. I swear I'm the largest woman the UK has ever had to deal with as they didn't even have compression socks to fit.

Something is weird with my sleeve, and I keep wondering about adhesions or somesuch. I can eat so little! The other day I had a small pot of yogurt and got sick off of it, which is WEIRD considering how much I could eat so quickly post sleeve. I'm not complaining and am kinda loving it :)

I finally stepped on the scale tonight as curiosity got the best of me, and I've "only" lost 31lbs since Feb 18th, lol, I will take it. :)

I just need to push through the pain and ignore the fact that I have a giant gaping hole in my body and get on with life :)

How and why does it happen? I was not this restricted even after my sleeve op. It's so strange.

It's not strange at all, hon. One, you're very swollen, and two, your digestive tract is assuredly not moving at normal speed. So it's partly a lack of physical space for stuff and partly a sort of traffic jam of what does go in. This is totally normal and will take some time to change.

You are stronger than you know. It's time to call on the strongest, sanest, toughest parts of yourself that are hiding out in the corners of your head, the ones who can buckle down on the emotional turmoil and do the right things for your health. You have everything you need within yourself for good health and well being. Look how much you've already survived. You can DO this. You're *already* doing it.

:YEAHTHAT1: EN is so incredibly right!

You are stronger than you know. It's time to call on the strongest, sanest, toughest parts of yourself that are hiding out in the corners of your head, the ones who can buckle down on the emotional turmoil and do the right things for your health. You have everything you need within yourself for good health and well being. Look how much you've already survived. You can DO this. You're *already* doing it.

I found her. She was hiding, waiting for her moment. The fighter is here.

I'm going to have this wound for a long time. I asked the nurse today if I would be healed by summer/June and she said "you will be well on your way". At that moment I realised I cannot be in bed until friggin JUNE! Oh helllllll no.

So, tomorrow I am going to get out my uni books and do the best I can. I won't be upset if I fail because I tried. I contemplated dropping out and giving up but I'm just going to plow on and see what the future holds.

My hand still pisses me off, and hopefully it will get there eventually. It hella hurts most of the time...burning and tingling....but I can still use my pinky to type....so that is SOMETHING...right? Looking at the bright side and all that jazz. :)

My vits organiser came yesterday so I need to sit down tomorrow and try to get my head around this!!! I have been taking 2 x multi, 2 x cal-mag and 1 dissolvable b12....but I'm over a month out now and need to get on top of this. I have a dr appointment Weds to get some iron and then I should be set. My follow up with my surgical team in May 2nd at which time I assume they will do labs.

Sounds like pain and tingles in the hand might be a good thing, meaning sensation is retuning. I had a similar thing happen with my feet when I woke from anesthesia, although not nearly as bad, but they had a weird numbness from the way they were positioned while I was on the operating table and had a burning tingling pain for quite a while after that gradually lessened with time. I think it's a good sign for you!

Latest posts

Back