What have I missed?

Spiky Bugger

Lemme see…surgery still scheduled for EARLY Thursday, pre-op testing for PTT/INR/PT and COVID-19 tomorrow. So:

•meds set up for two weeks (that’s my usual routine, just had to time the two weeks):
•wound-care items reachable;
•small walker available;
•pads for the bed/couch/chairs nearby;
•haircut done (a bit shorter than usual as I don’t know when I’ll feel like sitting in her chair post-op);
•all laundry that CAN be done in advance has been;
•”recovery wardrobe” placed where he can find it even though I can’t reach it;
•housekeepers noonish today;
•Gatorade is in the fridge;
•cooked a few pounds of chicken wings (I like them as a small but high-protein snack);
•cooked a couple of pounds of bacon (a favorite bkfst item is a mini-burrito…gluten-free tortilla, extra sharp cheddar cheese, a slice of bacon, usually salsa, sometimes egg);
•got a couple packages of a “Roast Beef au Jus” product that passes as edible in spite of having none of the things I can’t eat!

Suggestions?

Cushion for sitting, you know, like for folks with hemorrhoids?
Good idea, but riddle me this:
…because of my spine, I tend to spend a lot of time almost-horizontal on one side or the other. I have one of those expensive mattress pads that belongs to a CalKing bed which will not fit in the room I need to sleep in.

Maybe I could chop it up and make hip pads?

Stepladder to help with in and out of bed? Chapstick, tissues and wetwipes for bedside table? Sending your old BF friend Hilary your current postal mailing address by PM? Best wishes!!!!

I don't know about chopping mattress pads up. Maybe you could find something that's already more suitable on Amazon??

I just got a call from Mr. Sue - Sue is out of surgery, only 20 minute procedure, minimal blood loss, and doing fine.

Now comes the tricky part - keeping the wound clean and comfortable. I suggested he might want to run to the drugstore and get her some old fashioned bulky sanitary napkins, which might raise an eyebrow or two at the store.

Latest posts

Back