When did you try these foods?

I tried to stay away from almost all of that type of food until I hit a normal BMI, at approximately eight months post-op. The two exceptions were diet coke (four months) and salad (seriously? from about two months on....I seem to have a cast-iron constitution for foods like nuts and vegetables). At 7.5 years post-op, flour tortillas and stuff like orange chicken still give me issues. Ice cream troubles me terribly - to the point that I don't even like it anymore. For non-flour foods, as long as my weight is where I want it to be, I pretty much eat what I want.

I tried to stay away from almost all of that type of food until I hit a normal BMI, at approximately eight months post-op. The two exceptions were diet coke (four months) and salad (seriously? from about two months on....I seem to have a cast-iron constitution for foods like nuts and vegetables). At 7.5 years post-op, flour tortillas and stuff like orange chicken still give me issues. Ice cream troubles me terribly - to the point that I don't even like it anymore. For non-flour foods, as long as my weight is where I want it to be, I pretty much eat what I want.

I covet your ability to eat salads and vegetables in large quantities. I can eat them but have to to small - one of my favorite things used to be spinach salads, but omg, all that fiber?! Oy. I eat them but smaller, like side salads you get with entrees in restaurants on the plate.

HappyDser, I am also a fan of the frozen meat options, esp from Trader Joes - teryaki chicken, meatballs, chicken tenders, so fast and easy and not overprocessed, when I'm on the go which is a lot with my work schedule.

Latest posts

Back