WIO(weight is over) Foods

Munchkin

Full of Fairy Dust
First of all let me just admit I did not do a lot of research on these folks. So, if you decide to try them please do your own. The products looked so good that I wanted to try them even if it was all a lie. So my head was firmly anchored in the sand when I hit the purchase button. I would however love to know from those who monitor glucose if there is any possibility these folks are for real. But don’t get me wrong, I am going to eat this stuff anyway!

These folks are selling a low carb diet that to me sounds dubious. They are trying hard to sell shake powder for close to the price of gold dust. But I wanted to try the food. It arrived properly cold and was delivered by UPS. The packing was pretty good but I would never order in summer because it would not stay cold enough to arrive cold.

Here is what I got…

Dinner rolls. Full size. They smell like bread and they look like bread. Big enough to slice and use for hamburgers or sandwiches. We each buttered one and ate it. Much better than just OK. But not anything like bread fresh out of the oven. I froze the rest so we could eat them one at a time.

Loaf of bread. Soft white bread that tastes and smells good. Full size slices. Jeff made a grilled cheese and said it was divine. He wanted to make another one so it was good enough to actually want it. Left half the loaf out and froze the other half.

Chicken burritos. Went in the freezer. Package of 2 that looked big enough to actually be dinner for 2. Probably perfect if I just added a salad.

Hamburger Buns. In the freezer. Big, soft, sesame seeds on top. Cheeseburgers and sloppy joes are in my future.

Hot dog buns. In the freezer. Chili dogs right around the corner. Soft and big enough!

Pies. Yes, I said pies. These are small like the old cheap Banquet Pot Pies. They are all in the freezer but the crust looks good. I got pumpkin, coconut, banana, and apple. I plan for us to share these even though I know I could eat a whole one myself. Easily.

I put almost everything in the freezer because we are having a cheat meal for VD on the 14th. My big plan is to eat this stuff slowly and enjoy it!

Is there a link for those who might want to try and you might get freebies?

I’m so limited on low FODMAP, I can only eat sand and sawdust, but someone might want to try.

Chapter 2…. I thought I ordered chocolate chip cookies but none arrived. Then I was sure I had not ordered the pumpkin pie that did arrive. It was on my radar to check the order and the invoice today. But…here comes UPS with another package. 1 dozen chocolate chip cookies. 2 packs of 6. We are trying them tonight. They are about the size of Chips Ahoy and I think they are soft.

And the cookies were good. Sort of tasted like oatmeal chocolate chip. 3 cookies were 6 carbs. But I still like the bread better. We had liverwurst sandwiches for dinner last night. The loaf of bread is going fast!

I still am not even close to sure these people are legit but, eating these food definitely makes me poop more. Best guess, it enhances my malabsorbtion in some way.

The food is overall excellent. We are both loving it compared to straight low carb. Jeff has lost a few pounds. Just enough to be excited about it.

So, I am going to place another order. Try some things I didn’t get the first time around. I might buy some of their magic flour and try making some noodles.

Looks to me like if you go on their site and put in your email, they automatically send you some coupons.

Latest posts

Back