What’s going on with the Ramsey’s

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, we spent yesterday talking to Veterans United, pre approved for a VA loan. Just missing a 1099 which we know we have just not in hand. And a paper saying why he has LTD from MetLife which he can get. We have proof he has it due to its being direct deposited but they want one other. They are mailing it out today. We might even be moved by spring!

We said 225,000 as our upper limit and was approved at that amount. Not planning on that but if we need to we can.

Even talked to a realtor for a few last night. Gave him a few on Zillow we were looking at. Told him we like character, prefer older 3/4 bedrooms 2 baths but 1.5 is doable. As a DS couple, two toilets is mandatory.

For now, we sit in a hotel room in Elkhart while our rig is at the shop. The insurance adjuster who saw it Monday saw more damage than we thought we had. Along with the stress crack between the two slides on one side that cracked a weld. It also cracked the inside. The adjuster found that. Right now, they have two options: fix it for a significant cost or total it at full replacement cost of our original purchase price. Our personal favorite is to total it.

I finally have access to a full length mirror for the first time in 5 years so I took one. Sunday, I weighed 128, this morning 126. Pants are a size 6, top is a large but I’m top heavy, always have been.

Charles, who’s 11 years out tomorrow, also cut junk carbs and has lost about 25 lbs this year. You can definitely see it, he no longer has a gut. I’m super proud of him.

fix it for a significant cost or total it at full replacement cost of our original purchase price. Our personal favorite is to total it.

I hope they are willing to total it, since that's what works best for you.
he no longer has a gut. I’m super proud of him.

go, Charles!

you do look good, Liz, and I hope the hotel is comfortable but that you can buy something perfect asap. can't wait to hear good news!

We started house hunting this week. We had one we truly wanted to see on the initial list and he got us in there yesterday. We texted him this morning to go back, we need to verify some measurements (like will my China cabinet or my buffet table fit), check water faucets, water pressure, the outside shed (which I think can go since there is a full basement), take photos of all the appliances like the water softener label, furnace label, etc. take photos of the house, crank out windows, etc. If all goes well, we will be making an offer.

Here is the Zillow listing:
The top two livable floors are about the same space as our house in NC. That one in NC was built in 1912, this one in 1932 so of the same generation. It’s an estate sale.

Last edited:
Looks like a nice, spacious house. You can't even buy an empty plot of land here for that price. Good luck!

One we saw today would have worked but they are showing every 30 mins. And will probably sell for more than asking which is above what we want to pay. But it was set up handicap accessible for aging in place. And in an excellent neighborhood.

Anyway, told our realtor to generate an offer for Grand Ave. We’ll see what happens.

A friend of mine told me the door looked like a hobbit door!

Sounds like you have a lot of good options! I love the thought of a hobbit door and am a big fan of brick houses. The entry is so welcoming! Lovely!

Latest posts

Back