What’s going on with the Ramsey’s

You're looking great, but Pixel (hope that is the right kitty) is looking decidedly unimpressed.

I thought the roof thing made that a no go, or am I behind and you found a new one?
Not a total no go but they have to fix/replace it. They hired a known roofing contractor who deals with slate roofs and as long as they give us written conformation that the work is being done, it can be finished after closing. The weather here has been atrocious for roof repair.

Last edited:
The roof:
This is the letter I sent yesterday to the main contact for our loan

On Monday, We were told by our realtor in a text that the roof was complete.

We had gone over on Sat to see what Kalkreuth Roofing was doing on the slate roof. Yes, we were nosy. We introduced ourselves and stayed about 20/30 mins. I asked about the flashing that had shown up as damaged on the inspection report we had done by Steve Reed using a drone as he does not climb up on slate roofs to inspect them. He took many photos and included them in the report that we sent over to our realtor after we got it.

Kalkreuth did not indicate that they knew about the flashing so we brought up the pdf on Charles' phone and showed them the drone photos. I also asked if they had checked the back side of the house for the missing tiles and the broken ones. They knew nothing about those. But once we pointed them out, they agreed they needed fixing/replacing. However, they did not have enough copper to repair the flashing and enough time that day to complete the job. Said it would take a second trip. We then left. We did ask if they would like a copy of the report emailed to them but they said no as they never check their personal email.

So we were rather surprised to hear on Monday that it was complete. We told our realtor we would go check. None of what we pointed out was done. So the roof is not done to our satisfaction. Per the addendum, they are to have the roof complete to our satisfaction or the contract may be cancelled.

We got some really odd texts from our realtor over this. He thought we had taken a drone over there. 1) yes we have a drone but my husband has not yet flown it. 2) he doesn't have a commercial license and 3) would never fly over a building that is not his own. We showed them drone photos taken by the inspector, who was a professional with a commercial license bonded and insured but somehow the seller's realtor got the wrong message and our realtor was convinced we flew a drone. No, all the Kalkreuth employees saw were drone photos on an phone.

I'm honestly not sure this will be done in time to close. They don't want to fix the roof. to our satisfaction. Yet that is a condition of the sale.

Then yesterday afternoon we talked to our realtor and we told him to go ahead and prepare a cancellation of contract form in case the sellers go stupid on us. They are already trying.

I'm honestly not sure this will be done in time to close. They don't want to fix the roof. to our satisfaction. Yet that is a condition of the sale.
I'm sorry, it really does sound like they won't or don't want to fix it.

I hope you find something better.

It's sad that we have to check everything for ourselves even when we have so-called professionals involved, but I guess that's how things are. I'm very sorry you are going through this, but it sounds like you will land on your feet despite everything, and I'm glad for that.

Ugh, how frustrating! I assume there will be some warranty in place, if you do end up buying, to fix roof leaks for some period after move-in?

Last edited:
Ugh, how frustrating! I assume there will be some home warrantee in place, if you do end up buying, to fix roof leaks during some period certain after move-in?
We requested a home warranty for two years but unknown what will be covered. They wanted to change the terms of the original contract which was a no go. We agreed to a price to include a set amount of money to cover closing costs and two years of warrant. They agreed. Now they want to delete the money for closing costs. Not gonna happen.

We requested a home warranty for two years but unknown what will be covered. They wanted to change the terms of the original contract which was a no go. We agreed to a price to include a set amount of money to cover closing costs and two years of warrant. They agreed. Now they want to delete the money for closing costs. Not gonna happen.
Hope they do the right thing!

Latest posts

Back