Spiky Bugger

My gimp knee is:
Almost bone-on-bone osteoarthritis;
A probably inconsequential Baker's Cyst;
A big but probably inconsequential 3.5 cm cyst inside the bone;
AND a torn meniscus.

Lovely.

Sue, I am so sorry...

I have a friend who had a Baker's Cyst and hers was not minor...it did affect her quality of life...she has successfully treated it.

Do you need a knee replacement? Or knee surgery?
I am not in anywhere enough pain for me to consider a new knee.

My husband had a torn meniscus...they went in and snipped off the little piece that was getting folded and getting in the way and he was all better.

Sorry! My knees have hurt for years! I hope that getting the weight off will change my fate.

I'm in constant discomfort, but not horrid pain.

Deal is...how can I get whatever procedure I need WITHOUT antibiotics!?!? I cannot risk another round of C Diff for something that isn't life-threatening.

I'm in constant discomfort, but not horrid pain.

Deal is...how can I get whatever procedure I need WITHOUT antibiotics!?!? I cannot risk another round of C Diff for something that isn't life-threatening.

Will they treat you with antibiotics just as a preventative measure or will they use a wait and see approach? Have you talked to them about that?

My appointment is at 1:45 today.

I'm not inclined to cooperate with prophylactic antibiotics. And maybe not with surgery at all. C Diff kills more people every year than does AIDS. And it's a horrid way to live.

We can try draining the Baker's cyst...if we do anything at all, because you can't see it and I can't feel it, so I don't know if anything needs to be done...and using Synvisc for the arthritis and maybe just living with the torn meniscus for a while.

Once you've dealt with C Diff, you tend to do almost anything to avoid getting it again.

I am terrified of ever getting C-diff! Diarrhea wipes me out in half a day plus, my asshole becomes the equivalent of a bullet wound. I would be devastated!

Oh! I forgot.

I'm going with Synvisc. It has provided relief in the past, so it seems wise to start there.

The bone cyst has been there decades...if I break that leg, that's where it will break...but then breaking there will drain the cyst. A self-solving problem.

Baker's cyst is too small to mess with right now.

The torn meniscus MAY BE from a trauma I don't remember, but could be from the osteoarthritis...and could recur even if we fix it.

So...let's start with the easiest solution...Synvisc. As soon as they get it delivered, they'll call.

Possibly...but most of the damage was to my left side. The Synvisc has been " fixing" whatever is wrong on the right side for several years now, sice before that dainty maneuver.

I'm waiting for the to get the drug and set up my appointments.

Latest posts

Back