VItamin schedule of DS'ers 25 yrs postop?

Hi Susan,

Welcome and thanks for sharing. I'm glad to have a someone with your amount of DS experience on this board!
Mark, Susan’s been a member for almost 3 years. She just hasn’t been very active here in favor of trying to keep newbies from killing themselves trying to avoid vitamins. She beats them with the vitamin stick!

Hi Susan,

Welcome and thanks for sharing. I'm glad to have a someone with your amount of DS experience on this board!
Thanks for the welcome, Mark. I've been a member here nearly 3 years but I haven't visited often. I haunt the DS Facebook groups instead, lol. I am a real life friend of your group's very wise amazing southernlady.

Last edited:
Before backing off, can you share your latest lab work. You need to post the value and the lab range, regardless of whether it's in normal range or not.

Not sure how you got super high D, most DSer's struggle getting it normal.
Hi there, I have to update my results from docs office before I can post. I have taken 2 d3 50K for many years without issue so not sure why 2 times in 7 weeks my D is high, over 120 but slowly going down to 112 this week.

Hi there, I have to update my results from docs office before I can post. I have taken 2 d3 50K for many years without issue so not sure why 2 times in 7 weeks my D is high, over 120 but slowly going down to 112 this week.
What was your last PTH?

I keep my D around 110-120. It keeps my PTH near 19. Since I already have osteoporosis, lowering my D is not an optional cause that raises my PTH and we want that as low normal as possible.

Thanks for the welcome, Mark. I've been a member here nearly 3 years but I haven't visited often. I haunt the DS Facebook groups instead, lol. I am a real life friend of your group's very wise amazing southernlady.

Got it. And, yes, I agree with you about Southern Lady. She is a BLESSING! She always answers posts with knowledge, compassion and a sunny attitude.

Curious about your FB group. It would be very comforting to me to lurk on a group that has vets that are as far out as you. Is there such a place?

Got it. And, yes, I agree with you about Southern Lady. She is a BLESSING! She always answers posts with knowledge, compassion and a sunny attitude.

Curious about your FB group. It would be very comforting to me to lurk on a group that has vets that are as far out as you. Is there such a place?

Duodenal Switch Patients
Duodenal Switch
Bariatric Facts Duodenal Switch
OH DS Family
Duodenal Switch People in the USA

Latest posts

Back