New DS'er in Wa State

SEATINA

HI there,

My name is Tina, I am 51 and in the pre-op stage of getting DS surgery. My Dr. is Srikanth and I am very excited/nervous. I still have a couple things to check off the list scheduled in the next 2 weeks but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I was surprised at the amount of appts and test we have to do ! I know part of it is Aetna and part Dr S, but wow lol I guess that is good though.
I actually had to gain a few pounds to get to BMI of 40. In my initial consultation I went in assuming VSG. He recommended DS as he didn't think I would be satisfied with the amount of weight I could lose with VSG, and he was concerned about how I carry ALL my weight in my gut. I also have high cholesterol (partly hereditary) and elevated BP. I am 5'10" 279.
Current struggle includes partner who loved to cook for me and is of course skinny lol I also have two teenage boys so there is always food around. I need to commit to the process.
Hoping for surgery end of April/Early May.
I look forward to reading through this site !

Welcome. This board is very informative. Surgery is a big decision so it is normal to be a little anxious.

Latest posts

Back