Uterus a go go!

kirmy

So goils its almost 5 yars since I had a mirena coil backed into my nervous cervix lik an elephant into a tu tu. It has been a weird ad wonderful period free journey. It is now tme for a refresher and I'm wondering what you guys are using and your thoughts on it.

I was considering a dermal implant but wonder if it is all is cracked up to be. Feed back from your girl parts please.

I've had a Mirena for a year now, and have been very happy with it (2nd try - 1st was a failure). I can't have the dermal implants because of the hormones in it. I had a Portal Vein Thrombosis a few years ago, and was told I must no longer use hormonal contraceptives (the Mirena has minute amounts of hormone in it, apparently safe for me). I would say it's generally better to go with less hormonal disruption, if possible, just because it can cause headaches/migraines, weight gain, etc. For me that would be a factor, anyway.

Yes Mirena has a smaller dose of the same hormone as the implant... I have to admit that the thought of having another one put doesn't fill me with joy.

So goils its almost 5 yars since I had a mirena coil backed into my nervous cervix lik an elephant into a tu tu. It has been a weird ad wonderful period free journey. It is now tme for a refresher and I'm wondering what you guys are using and your thoughts on it.

I was considering a dermal implant but wonder if it is all is cracked up to be. Feed back from your girl parts please.
I haven't had a cervix for about 37 years, but I wanted to post something somewhere.

I had a tubal with my last C-section. My sister loves her Mirena. My SIL has the other one, with no exogenous hormones. I'd say if it's working for you and you're sure you don't want to procreate, switch it out for a new one. You know what to expect.
Anecdotally I've had friends and distant family have really negative experiences with Depo.

My baby is 18 and grown. Im a granny so I had an ablation that didnt work but will have a hysterectomy as soon as I find out if my results, cancer or not. I used the Depo and gained 200 pounds. Plus when I finally stopped using it, since that time i started bleeding like i was having miscarriages. I had to wear diapers at night to make sure not to soil my partner and the bed. I had several DNC's that didnt help. Dont do Depo!

Stick with the IUD, or get the other half snipped (what we did.. )
I had issues, my cervix wasn't a happy camper and would revolt at inconvenient times with the IUD.. had placement checked several times.. just couldn't do it or else I would have kept it for a while.

My uterus/cervix has been MIA since 1994. Since I found out a few years later that I had a maternal aunt die of ovarian cancer, I WISH those had been taken as well.

I absolutely enjoy NOT having to deal with that part of my life now.

Yes Mirena has a smaller dose of the same hormone as the implant... I have to admit that the thought of having another one put doesn't fill me with joy.
I had an endometrial ablation at the same time as they inserted the Mirena the second time around, which was done under sedation, thank goodness! The first time the insertion was excruciatingly painful, but it did fall out after a couple of months, so maybe they did something wrong. Thankfully, I have 4 more years before I have to think about it again!

Oh, and on the no periods thing - I didn't have another one from the time the Mirena was inserted until now. I don't know if it's the surgery, the weight loss or what, but it's 6 weeks post-DS now, and I've just started menstruating :(.

Edited so the first sentence makes sense!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back