Umbilical Hernia Repair

CaraOC

Credentialed Bitch
anyone ever have this? Mine was repaired by Esquerra Feb 4th since he was in there anyway and he's the one who found it. Just wanted to know if anyone knew anything about it. I still have drainage from my belly button 3 weeks out. Not a ton and it's not suspicious in character but I sure wish it would stop it already. The incision above the button is healed lovely. I could post pics. Bit I'm quite sure y'all would prefer I don't.

Thank you for not posting the incision pic, Lyndon Johnson. Have you asked MBC about the drainage? Seems like a long time to still be oozing sanguineous fluid. All of my incisions stopped draining before I left the hospital.

Thank you for not posting the incision pic, Lyndon Johnson. Have you asked MBC about the drainage? Seems like a long time to still be oozing sanguineous fluid. All of my incisions stopped draining before I left the hospital.
I did ask. They said it's fine. All the other incisions are perfect I just wondered if anyone else had an experience.

I also had an unsuspected umbilical hernia repaired at the same time as my DS - but it was so long ago, I don't really remember the healing. Nevertheless, it's pretty common for some incisions to weep for a while. I've heard that taping a maxipad to the wound is pretty effective.

I also had an unsuspected umbilical hernia repaired at the same time as my DS - but it was so long ago, I don't really remember the healing. Nevertheless, it's pretty common for some incisions to weep for a while. I've heard that taping a maxipad to the wound is pretty effective.
Well doesn't that sound sexy !! LOL, the incision is totally intact without any drainage, it's leaking from my belly button. I'm told from where an instrument/trochar may have been inserted?? Since I am still a chubby chick my belly button is quite deep so maybe I'll use a tampon instead!!!!

Well on my revision I had an unknown mesenteric defect repaired from previous hernia a year before, as well as a minor umbilical hernia repair...Dr k did my revision with hand assistance lap so my incision went from belly button down to the top of the groin.

Well my incision did drain for quite some while and unfortunately got infected so I got a get admitted to surgical floor for 3 day ticket (thought I perforated a bowel due to air and fluid in peritonial cavity.... I wasn't perf'd so IR was called in and drained the air and fluid out of cavity and fluid from wound ).

I was released with a couple bottles of a wound cleaner and s bunch of the small gauze pads. So I would spray it and gently get any crud and ooze out and the tape several over the incision to capture the ooze that lasted another good week. There was a spot high on the incision line than took forever to heal and oozed a tiny bit every now and then for a month after being hospitalized... So a good 2 months post surgery.

You know what watch for so keep an eye and nose on it. You should be fine but good luck.

I basically did that but I constructed it out of the 2 x 2 gauze pads.

I guess you could say Uncle Flo was visiting me! :p

So here are a couple pictures of my lovely incision if you want to see what it looked like before I went to ER, and one of me after for a comparison where my excess skin is a little tighter or not so scrunched up for the stitches (BTW the incision has healed nicely and is barely noticeable, and yes I am a wooly mammoth).

Attachments

• infected incision 3.jpg
    infected incision 3.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 8
  • infected incision 2.jpg
    infected incision 2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 9
  • infected incision 1.jpg
    infected incision 1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Dead Sexy.jpg
    Dead Sexy.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
My husband had an emergency appendectomy many years ago with a 5" incision that oozed and stuck to his underwear and then reopened the wound when he'd pull them down. I gave him a stack of panty liners which he stuck to his tightie whities. The panty liner surface is designed not to stick to damp parts. Twenty years later when he had his prostate surgery, he used the same trick. So if you have some waist-high granny pants, you could try the same thing. (Similar idea to Diana's but thinner -- and no tape on your skin.)

My husband had an emergency appendectomy many years ago with a 5" incision that oozed and stuck to his underwear and then reopened the wound when he'd pull them down. I gave him a stack of panty liners which he stuck to his tightie whities. The panty liner surface is designed not to stick to damp parts. Twenty years later when he had his prostate surgery, he used the same trick. So if you have some waist-high granny pants, you could try the same thing. (Similar idea to Diana's but thinner -- and no tape on your skin.)
That's a great idea!! Less likely to be visible through my spandex jumpsuit too!!!!

So here are a couple pictures of my lovely incision if you want to see what it looked like before I went to ER, and one of me after for a comparison where my excess skin is a little tighter or not so scrunched up for the stitches (BTW the incision has healed nicely and is barely noticeable, and yes I am a wooly mammoth).
Scott, I hope you realize that any future career in politics has now been thwarted by the posting of your bathroom mirror pics !!!!!!!!

Scott, I hope you realize that any future career in politics has now been thwarted by the posting of your bathroom mirror pics !!!!!!!!
Well I did leave off the pics where the camera ventured a little further South. :D

I had back surgery late last year (lower lumber fusion). Had leakage at the base of the incision for a few weeks. Docs said that it was most likely from the irrigation they used inside and possible adipose tissue necrosis (i.e., fat cells dying - is how I understand it). As long as the fluid was mostly clear and not green or smelly, they weren't concerned (wasn't having dizziness or headaches, so it wasn't a spinal fluid leak). It was uncomfortable feeling, yucky for me. They suggested I used a maxi pad to sop it up, which I did, and it worked. Walking around with a kotex taped to your back is interesting, to say the least.... :)

Latest posts

Back