Internal Hernia

N00DLE

Well after almost ten years post surgery I've had my first complication I had to have emergency surgery for an internal hernia. Has anyone on here experienced this I'm not going to lie the recovery has been pretty tough and I have a pretty big incision as he had to do an open surgery to repair the area the surgeon believes it was completely related to the duodenal switch

Any experiences would be helpful thank you I am concerned about having this now become a trend

Well, I did have a SMALL hernia after bariatric surgery. But it was also after a much earlier c-section, so the hernia was stuck behind that incisional scar and couldn’t figure out which way to proceed!

Mine was a short, simple surgery and…anymore…I don’t even recall the recovery period. And nothing after that repair, so no trends were involved. But I AM sorry about your difficult recovery.

I have had 2 hernias. One was repaired by Dr Keshishian when I had my revision to the DS. That was painful but I could not determine what pain was the DS and what pain was from the hernia repair.

Four years ago I had another hernia repaired and it was the worst pain I can remember. Generally I have a high tolerance for pain. i ended up staying in the hospital although it was supposed to be an outpatient surgery because of pain management issues.

Latest posts

Back