surgery tomorrow

Congratulations, Susan! You prepared yourself as well as anyone could and you will do great with your DS.

I had to take a minute before we leave for Knoxville to say tomorrow is the day.

Everything had gone so smoothly and today my 6 year old gets a stomach virus. We had to change sitter plans and I called my sister who lives 3 1/2 hours away to come and keep the boys. My poor baby is sick and we are cleaning up messes so it has been quite the distraction.

Thankfully, the worst seems to be over, he doesn't have a fever so we are going ahead.

I will let @southernlady know via FB messenger when I am out and give an update.

Thanks everyone for everything. love this board and all the wonderful information. I'm nervous, I'm not going to lie. But, I just go back to all the research I've done, trust my doctor and take the leap of faith.

See you on the dark side!

Best wishes!!

Got this message from Susan this morning:

Hey Liz, I wanted to give an update to the group! I'm doing great, everything went well. I'm sipping and walking. They are going to take my drain out in a little while. I will go home tomorrow. Dr. Boyce came in first thing this morning and said I was doing great!!! Yay!!! Couldn't ask for easier transition!! Thanks for the thoughts and prayers!!

Hey Ya'll!!!! I am HOME. I am uncomfortable, but other than that I am doing well. Pain meds help with that but never completely gets the uncomfortable out. The staff at the hospital was just great, as was Dr. Boyce. I have passed gas (never thought I would say that in a forum) and I up for walking, sipping and resting the next few days.

Both my boys ended up with the stomach bug. They are both fine now. Can't wait to see them. They are at my in-laws.

I keep saying to myself, well, you did it. This is it. But my body doesn't seem any different as in my insides are switched, if that makes sense. I don't know what I expected. lol

I am sipping protein, gatorade 2, diluted juice and water. I've had jello. I am about to make some chicken protein soup to sip on. I am logging all that plus my urine content the next 2 weeks. My blood sugar was actually low in the hospital so they made me drink diluted juice for 1 hour to get it above 80 (thats where the doc likes it).

I am so glad it is done. I am ready for the next step....and seeing what my poop is really going to smell like from now on!!!!:poop::D;)

Wow, it sounds like you are doing great!! The worst of it will just be a drug hazed fading memory soon, and you are about to start finding all of the weird NSVs you never expected. My guts were so nuked with antibiotics my poop didn't develop much smell for quite a while, and mine smelled like cereal. Cereal. It was sort of what ever I ate, didn't change much.

I knew you'd rock this. You were as prepared as any person, and Boyce is a good surgeon. Keep up the good work!

Latest posts

Back