surgery tomorrow

I think my point is that you don't need to pay a bloody fortune for a product you can adapt for yourself. I looked up the nutrition facts on pasta...2.9 grams of protein and 14 grams of carbs for 2 oz.
I agree. I think the fake pastas are horrible and expensive for a tiny little reduction in carbs. For me I don't care about 20-40 grams of carbs as that is all the spaghetti or pasta I would eat. For you still battling diabetes I know carb count is much more critical.

...and spaghetti squash while actually fairly tasty (I like sauteed squash), is not anything like spaghetti. Call is spaghetti squash with some meat sauce but don't tell me it is pasta. Those low carb shows where they would substitute something and say look at my pizza crust when in actuality they had a vegetable as the crust, drove me nuts. I literally screamed at the TV saying, no, no that is not just like pizza. It is some concoction of faux sauce on a faux vegetable crust and it will taste nothing like pizza.

o_O

...and spaghetti squash while actually fairly tasty (I like sauteed squash), is not anything like spaghetti. Call is spaghetti squash with some meat sauce but don't tell me it is pasta. Those low carb shows where they would substitute something and say look at my pizza crust when in actuality they had a vegetable as the crust, drove me nuts. I literally screamed at the TV saying, no, no that is not just like pizza. It is some concoction of faux sauce on a faux vegetable crust and it will taste nothing like pizza.
PREACH IT!!!!

I hate spaghetti squash...did try it long ago when I was first diagnosed diabetic. And time has not changed that.

And I LOVE squash...winter and summer squash...as a vegetable! NOT a pretend pasta.

PREACH IT!!!!

I hate spaghetti squash...did try it long ago when I was first diagnosed diabetic. And time has not changed that.

And I LOVE squash...winter and summer squash...as a vegetable! NOT a pretend pasta.
:D

It's a barilife product...still very carb heavy but it does have more protein than the typical pasta might. http://www.barilife.com/fettuccini-alfredo.html 15 grams of protein BUT 33 grams of carbs. Oh and NO FAT.

No Fat= FAKE!!!!!! Because it had a half decent taste I wondered how in the world could they do that with no fat.....Fake, that's how. It's like Fat Free Half and Half, you take a simple product, take the fat out and add chemicals to make it taste like half and half. Crazy.

One thing I had to learn for me was trying to find substitutes for pasta was an exercise in futility. I just do not bother eating pasta 95% of the time. I will eat some once in awhile but trying to figure out how to do spaghetti with fake noodles (veggie or other) just did not appeal to me. I wanted the real stuff...but I also know if I do, I will be miserable with gas.

Early out, we had been so use to eating spaghetti that we tried using angel hair pasta and just enough for a handful of strands each...we finally stopped even trying about 14 months after surgery...just not worth the effort.

I like the shirataki noodles with just a tad over 1g carbs. They're expensive, yes, but I was such a noodle fanatic that I find it comforting to indulge in them with my pho. They taste and smell really funky if you don't rinse them enough though... some people can't stand them because of this but I really like them and my son has become accustomed to them too. It's an alternative... but I'd still prefer regular pasta.

I use them too. I used to order online but now walmart carries a brand. Only comes in traditional spaghetti style but that's ok for me. I use it mainly in soups and really enjoy eating a chicken noodle with a little substance in it other than the chicken.

Latest posts

Back