Surgery October 22

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! If you have a chance, say hi to the MBC gang for me (my name is Kathi and I had my DS surgery Oct 3).
Dr Campos is such a sweetheart :) Seeing him every day was for me the bright spot of my day, although I found Yolanda entertaining and caring... she truly felt like family.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! If you have a chance, say hi to the MBC gang for me (my name is Kathi and I had my DS surgery Oct 3).
Dr Campos is such a sweetheart :) Seeing him every day was for me the bright spot of my day, although I found Yolanda entertaining and caring... she truly felt like family.

I'm laying here bored tonight. I was the 2nd of 2 surgeries. I don't know what the exact problems were with the 1st guy. I think it took 7-8 hours for him though. They kept pumping sleeping pills in me and acting surprised I wasn't sleeping through. Kinda hard to sleep all night AND all day no matter what. Now I'm paying for it.

Funny thing. I had dell asleep and woke up so much that when I finally awoke in recovery my first thought (for a good 20 minutes), was that I had fallen asleep wrong, which was causing a bit of stomach discomfort. After a while the pain became noticeable so I looked under the blanket....well, guess they finally got to me.lol

Hope everyone's doing alright.

I'm laying here bored tonight. I was the 2nd of 2 surgeries. I don't know what the exact problems were with the 1st guy. I think it took 7-8 hours for him though. They kept pumping sleeping pills in me and acting surprised I wasn't sleeping through. Kinda hard to sleep all night AND all day no matter what. Now I'm paying for it.

Funny thing. I had dell asleep and woke up so much that when I finally awoke in recovery my first thought (for a good 20 minutes), was that I had fallen asleep wrong, which was causing a bit of stomach discomfort. After a while the pain became noticeable so I looked under the blanket....well, guess they finally got to me.lol

Another thing. Drs. Esquerra and Campos tried to sell me on the SADI. It wasn't a vehry strong sell though. I cut them short real quick and they forgot about it just as quickly. Instead, they moved on to common channel and allimentary channel length. We settled on 120common and I allimentary based on the innards length.

It too me half an hour to type this last message. I ripped my IV out being too active and just waiting for that to be replaced to go back to sleep. Talk to everyone soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you're doing just fine - glad to hear it! I giggled when you described waking up after surgery... to be honest, I barely remember anything about either pre-op or waking up... all I really remember is them getting me out of bed to walk for the first time. I ripped my IV out too... then they had to put it in my right hand and I spent the rest of the time trying not to dislodge that one too.

The doctors didn't try to sell me on anything - I was really upfront when I booked my surgery that I wouldn't even consider the SADI, and it was the one of the first things I said to Dr. Esquerra when I met him. Glad they didn't persist with you!

I can relate to being bored. I watched the same episodes of Top Gear and Graham Norton about three times each, watched VH1, and read a lot. My big outings outside my room were spent walking up and down, inspecting everything and translating signs. I did visit with one of the sleeve patients for awhile but she had her husband there and I didn't want to intrude.

Here's to an uneventful recovery!

Welcome to the dark side! Glad things went smoothly. Wishing you an easy recovery and hope all goes well on your long drive home!

Hope all goes well and recovery is smooth sailing!
Sounds like you're doing just fine - glad to hear it! I giggled when you described waking up after surgery... to be honest, I barely remember anything about either pre-op or waking up... all I really remember is them getting me out of bed to walk for the first time. I ripped my IV out too... then they had to put it in my right hand and I spent the rest of the time trying not to dislodge that one too.

The doctors didn't try to sell me on anything - I was really upfront when I booked my surgery that I wouldn't even consider the SADI, and it was the one of the first things I said to Dr. Esquerra when I met him. Glad they didn't persist with you!

I can relate to being bored. I watched the same episodes of Top Gear and Graham Norton about three times each, watched VH1, and read a lot. My big outings outside my room were spent walking up and down, inspecting everything and translating signs. I did visit with one of the sleeve patients for awhile but she had her husband there and I didn't want to intrude.

Here's to an uneventful recovery!
The reason they tried to sell me on the SADI was because of how small I am. I think they just were a bit worried at first that I would lose too much weight. But today Dr. Esquerra and Nina both came in to visit and Nina mentioned that maybe the doctor gave me a bigger sleeve. He said something like "No no, I did it correctly. He's shown he can handle everything properly."

I can't blame them really. Fransisco from hotel lucerna told me I was the smallest person he'd ever seen come through for surgery. And then in the morning when Ernesto picked everyone up for surgery a fellow surgery patient asked if I was there for a check up. It made me feel a bit shameful to say I was here for surgery. I know I'm getting looks from people. Yet they don't know what I weighed just a few months ago so its not their fault. Once I explain the phentermin.e, and that I've gained almost 25 pounds in the last 5 weeks, they understand.

Thanks for the well-wishes. Im in a lot of pain because how far my surgery was pushed back and I have chronic cluster headaches from a previous head injury. Once I can take my nsaids to get rid of them then I'll feel tons better. Funny when the surgical pain is nothing compared to a headache.

Also, I might be driving home but I have no set date to get home by. If it takes me a week or 2 to drive the 20 hours then so be it. Thanks for the worries though. You all are good people.

I haven't found the DVD player on the TV to play movies. I brought some of my favs because I read your post bebezed.

Last edited:
Thanks for the well-wishes. Im in a lot of pain because how far my surgery was pushed back and I have chronic cluster headaches from a previous head injury. Once I can take my nsaids to get rid of them then I'll feel tons better. Funny when the surgical pain is nothing compared to a headache.

Ouch! I had a horrid headache my 2nd night there and they finally gave me a pain pill for it. Cluster headaches are no joke and I'm sorry you are going through that AND the aftermath of the surgery. I hope they can give you something to help out...

I haven't found the DVD player on the TV to play movies. I brought some of my favs because I read your post bebezed.

Oh geez, I guess I didn't mention that my movies were all digital on my tablet. I was going to bring actual DVDs along with my laptop but thought better of it once I figured out that I would have to lug the laptop around after surgery while waiting in the airport. My apologies...

I hope that headache goes away soon! Feel better ...

Ouch! I had a horrid headache my 2nd night there and they finally gave me a pain pill for it. Cluster headaches are no joke and I'm sorry you are going through that AND the aftermath of the surgery. I hope they can give you something to help out.

Oh geez, I guess I didn't mention that my movies were all digital on my tablet. I was going to bring actual DVDs along with my laptop but thought better of it once I figured out that I would have to lug the laptop around after surgery while waiting in the airport. My apologies...

I hope that headache goes away soon! Feel better ...

They've given me 2 of the headache pills you take sublingually but it hasn't done anything. Once I'm off the fasting diet then I'll crush up some aspirin and advil. That's the main reason I chose this surgery was because of my nsaid usage.

Darn on the DVDs. Oh well, I can't keep my concentration on a movie long enough anyway.

Yeah the nurses keep telling me to walk. I finally got my headache under control so want to keep my activity level low. The headache is still at that stage where it'll come roaring back if I'm not careful.

I hope you are done with the headaches and can be busy recovering.

I think I'm an hour or 2 from them giving me a sleeping pill so I'm real hopeful the headaches will be over with when I wake up.

I just went through a bad gas attack. It seems my stomach doesn't like pure water. I felt like an idiot almost in tears because of gas lol.

Latest posts

Back