Newbie with surgery next week!

ShrinkingMyTiara

Hi everyone! I'm new around here. I belong to another forum but there aren't many DS people around there. I've found so much useful information for DSers here, thank you for all your hard work in researching and posting it! I've been reading threads here for a while so decided to stop lurking and say hi. I have surgery next week, Nov. 1st, I'm so excited!!

Hi everyone! I'm new around here. I belong to another forum but there aren't many DS people around there. I've found so much useful information for DSers here, thank you for all your hard work in researching and posting it! I've been reading threads here for a while so decided to stop lurking and say hi. I have surgery next week, Nov. 1st, I'm so excited!!
Welcome ShrinkingMyTiara and good luck with your surgery.

Welcome! While I'm biased, I think you made the right choice with the DS. I hope you are not feeling too anxious. As I ate my last supper at the Cheesecake Factory with my friend, I cried and said I don't want to do this. she said you don't have to, and I said I don't know what else I'm going to do. I was so freaked out I thought it would not work for me - I'd be the one it does not work for. And I was cutting my body apart, I would never be able to eat again.

I can eat and I would do the DS again in a heart beat.

Seven years later, life is amazing. Best decision I ever made. And almost everyone says that.

Take a deep breath, hang on for a ride, and life will be amazing.

Congrats on the great choice. - Food tips I wish I knew, sugar-free popsicles and fresh mozzarella.

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!! Yes JackieOnLine, my name is Tiara, it is all over the internet (and we all know there is no privacy on the internet) so sometimes I use it. ShrinkingTiara is the name of my weight loss account on Instagram so I can stalk all the DSers on there! Hahaha!

Galaxygrrl, I am doing pretty well. I'm nervous and part of me really had to grieve that the only way to be healthy at this point is to alter my body once again. I had cancer a year and a half ago and had to have a hysterectomy and that rocked my world big time. It made me really sad I had to drastically alter my body to save my life. So this feels a little like that but not actually forced because this time I really do have some choice in the matter, you know? So I decided to choose this while I had the ability to choose it and to go in with my eyes as wide open as possible. I still cry about it a little on occasion because I'm scared I'll be the one the DS fails for, but I know the statistics and that just isn't likely... So I'm hoping for the most boring surgery and boring recovery ever!! Thank you for the encouragement!!

You wont be the one were the DS fails. Seriously, it works. I read your other post, I had everything you had. All the co-morbidities. They are all gone. :) Yours will be too, just remember, you will need to be careful on sugar and carbs, if you are not, the DS does not work as well

I know it's scary, but it's so worth it. you'll do great.

Last edited:
Hi Navygrrl, nice to meet you!! 3 months out is awesome!

Thanks Galaxygrrl, I'm so excited to get rid of those things!! I can deal with the low carb diet, I've been eating that way for the most part for the better part of a decade. I'll just need to be a bit more strict with it now!

Thanks Galaxygrrl, I'm so excited to get rid of those things!! I can deal with the low carb diet, I've been eating that way for the most part for the better part of a decade. I'll just need to be a bit more strict with it now!

They will go away and it's awesome. I took every pill under the sun. Now I only take some vitamins and Synthroid. I think it's about 2 to 5% don't get rid of diabetes but over 95% do.

Latest posts

Back