Surgery October 22

Soonerjoseph

Well it's finally going to happen! I have surgery October 22nd with DR. Esquerra. I'm so excited, I've been planning this for months now.

Thank you to everyone here. I don't know where I'd be if not for everyone's help.

Great decision, and your date isn't far away. Keep us posted as you move forward.

I do have a question that I haven't seen yet. Should I get vitamin/mineral labs pre-op, or would doing this just not be that useful? As long as these aren't a part of the complete blood chemistry tests that are ran pre-op by the DS team.

Great news. Congratulations on your date. I will let the vets answer your question about labs pre-op.

I do have a question that I haven't seen yet. Should I get vitamin/mineral labs pre-op, or would doing this just not be that useful? As long as these aren't a part of the complete blood chemistry tests that are ran pre-op by the DS team.
IF you can, it helps. That way you have a baseline.

Congratulations! I hope you like Dr. Esquerra, Dr. Campos, and the rest of MBC as much as I did.

They will do labs the day before your surgery but they do not do vitamin counts so if you want a baseline, you should go ahead and have them done. I did not; I had mine done a year ago and it was all good and I've been eating healthier and taking vitamins since then. YMMV.

If you have any questions about the whole MBC experience and/or Dr. Esquerra, please just ask.

I'm excited for you!

Last edited:
I drove from oklahoma monday so I could drive to san diego and see the ocean-I had never seen it before. Also i bought a new car and had to check it out lol. Im just hoping the trip back is about that easy. Losing the 100 pounds made the driving for 20 hours easier than I thought.

I'm at the hotel about to take my sleeping pill. I go in to surgery early in the morning. I'm already wishing it was over and done with and I was back home. Ha-ha

I'll update everyone in the next few days.

I drove from oklahoma monday so I could drive to san diego and see the ocean-I had never seen it before. Also i bought a new car and had to check it out lol. Im just hoping the trip back is about that easy. Losing the 100 pounds made the driving for 20 hours easier than I thought.

I'm at the hotel about to take my sleeping pill. I go in to surgery early in the morning. I'm already wishing it was over and done with and I was back home. Ha-ha

I'll update everyone in the next few days.
I hope like heck somebody is along with you to drive you home because you will be in no shape to drive yourself 20 hours home after this surgery. This is not a minor surgery and driving 20 hours, especially if by yourself is not safe.

Good luck with your surgery and recovery. Hope everything goes well.

Latest posts

Back