Newbie with surgery next week!

I remember reading that while lurking. I'm so sorry! I'm glad you got a little break but still. I know what it's like to be that stupid 1% in other medical things, sometimes you really just want to be average!! :ROFLMAO:
So very true. I get SO DAMNED FRUSTRATED with newbies declaring they are “cured“ of diabetes in their first month or so. I share my story as a reminder and tell them to always keep an eye on their A1C.

Unfortunately, the hard truth, once a diabetic, always a diabetic cause this damned disease doesn’t go away. It’s always lurking. But the DS gives us the best chance at resolution.

So very true. I get SO DAMNED FRUSTRATED with newbies declaring they are “cured“ of diabetes in their first month or so. I share my story as a reminder and tell them to always keep an eye on their A1C.

Unfortunately, the hard truth, once a diabetic, always a diabetic cause this damned disease doesn’t go away. It’s always lurking. But the DS gives us the best chance at resolution.

Yes, I agree with you, once a diabetic, always a diabetic. I plan on having my A1C routinely checked for the rest of my life... I think the best we can hope for is long term remission but it can always come back. There is a lot about diabetes that we don't understand.

Because I’m an active diabetic, I get mine checked every three months. But yearly is okay at least the first 5 years, may semi annual after that since it seems to wait lurking in the wings.

Latest posts

Back