Sunday Weigh In (5/24/2015)

Hi all,

First and foremost I want to thank all of the Veterans for their service to our Country.

I had to jump back on a plane and get my rear back to MN. With less than a days notice. Another 3 days of not knowing where my food was coming from or when. But I did better this week. Planning is the key. That and not being afraid to say "hey feed me or "it's time to eat".

LW: 120
TW: 117.5

Have a great week.

Best,
Whit:usaflag:

Hi all,

First and foremost I want to thank all of the Veterans for their service to our Country.

I had to jump back on a plane and get my rear back to MN. With less than a days notice. Another 3 days of not knowing where my food was coming from or when. But I did better this week. Planning is the key. That and not being afraid to say "hey feed me or "it's time to eat".

LW: 120
TW: 117.5

Have a great week.

Best,
Whit:usaflag:

Doing great, Whit and yes planning is the key.

Tomorrow is about the veterans who gave their lives...and their families who lost them in the service of our Country. Unfortunately they are not around to tell them thank you but we can honor them and thank their families.

LW 125
TW 126

Congratulations to everyone on the losses and maintenance. I, on the other hand am definitely trending in the WRONG direction!!!!!
What Whit said...yes, the scale looks like it is going up but if your clothes fit better, it's not a real problem (except in your head, LOL)

Greetings all - I'll chime in for the first time. I am 22 days from surgery - today I started the very exotic sounding VLCD diet required by my doc for pre-op. The VLCD is very low calorie diet or very likely cause for distress... but I digress. I weighed 292.6 today and at suggestions of those on this board took my measurements and pics. Now, that dam tape measure was not long enough to go around my hips and belly - but it does not bother me, because I know there is another me inside. And, by the way, I am as bigger around than I am tall. who knew! Looking forward to the process and moving through! Bring it!

Thank you, Whit and Liz. I need to keep thinking of that and quit worrying about the numbers. Clothes fit great, in fact I am actually building a baby booty which makes sitting more tolerable! Haha! Waist is definitely smaller and my upper arm 'hang' is much tighter. While I know I am not shrinking my loose skin, I seem to be filling it up with muscle where there used to be fat. May not even want or need an arm lift. My posture is so much better and I just feel so much tighter and stronger overall.

The mind is another issue. After almost 3 years of losing and maintaining, it's unsettling to see the numbers going up. Osteoporosis is no joke and I know I am doing all I can to strengthen my bones, even if the addition of lean muscle mass makes my weight go up. I am certain that's what it is. Just going to keep my focus and welcome the gain as the positive thing it is. Just still hard to do....

Last edited:
Greetings all - I'll chime in for the first time. I am 22 days from surgery - today I started the very exotic sounding VLCD diet required by my doc for pre-op. The VLCD is very low calorie diet or very likely cause for distress... but I digress. I weighed 292.6 today and at suggestions of those on this board took my measurements and pics. Now, that dam tape measure was not long enough to go around my hips and belly - but it does not bother me, because I know there is another me inside. And, by the way, I am as bigger around than I am tall. who knew! Looking forward to the process and moving through! Bring it!

LOVE the "Very Likely Cause for Distress"!!!

As hard as it was, you will be glad you did take your measurements and photos pre-op. Also when you do start cleaning out your closet post-op, keep ONE outfit for comparison later on, you will be glad you did.

Thank you, Whit and Liz. I need to keep thinking of that and quit worrying about the numbers. Clothes fit great, in fact I am actually building a baby booty which makes sitting more tolerable! Haha! Waist is definitely smaller and my upper arm 'hang' is much tighter. While I know I am not shrinking my loose skin, I seem to be filling it up with muscle where there used to be fat. May not even want or need an arm lift. My posture is so much better and I just feel so much tighter and stronger overall.

The mind is another issue. After almost 3 years of losing and maintaining, it's unsettling to see the numbers going up. Osteoporosis is no joke and I know I am doing all I can to strengthen my bones, even if the addition of lean muscle mass makes my weight go up. I am certain that's what it is. Just going to keep my focus and welcome the gain as the positive thing it is. Just still hard to do....

Yeah, the mind is hard to convince...we SO want the lowest weight possible and still be comfortable. But sometimes that number is higher than our brain likes.

Forgot to weigh this morning, but during the week I was up 5 from last week. Either I'm retaining water (ankles are puffy), the stress eating from the last 2 weeks has caught up to me, or bounceback has begun. We shall see!

Nice job everyone, and especially @Bagaof4 ! I know the scale numbers can mess with our heads (everything messes with my crazy head!) but you're doing amazing things for your body!

Latest posts

Back