So, the chron ran, and there are new folks here ...

Oh good grief - NYUBoi wrote about his eating overnight - he's a train wreak. Despite ALL THE TIME he spent on PB worrying about what surgery to have, he never learned one.single.thing about how to live with a DS. I am SO glad he's not here - let them deal with it. EN, you'd be having a stroke.
I do not know how someone could NOT know what a DSer should be doing/eating after spending that much time and energy stressing over it. If I ever EVER even think about acting that stupid, slap me we a big wet fish!

Oh good grief - NYUBoi wrote about his eating overnight - he's a train wreak. Despite ALL THE TIME he spent on PB worrying about what surgery to have, he never learned one.single.thing about how to live with a DS. I am SO glad he's not here - let them deal with it. EN, you'd be having a stroke.
Ya know, I gave the kid the benefit of the doubt before, but that post just pushed me over the edge. What kind of moron spends a year on a DS focused message board and doesn't understand why he shouldn't eat bread, biscuits, rice and healthy choice frozen dinners??? :BangHead::ahhhhhhh:

Ya know, I gave the kid the benefit of the doubt before, but that post just pushed me over the edge. What kind of moron spends a year on a DS focused message board and doesn't understand why he shouldn't eat bread, biscuits, rice and healthy choice frozen dinners??? :BangHead::ahhhhhhh:

Again, wet fish me if I go dumb! I just cannot believe it when I see people and not just nyuboi saying they ate bread 4 weeks post. WTF? Protein, water and vits people!!!! If I can understand that then anyone should!!!!

Why am I not the slightest bit surprised?

The dumbshit has never heard ANYTHING anyone has said.

@DuodenalSwitchaRoo You may forget some things as a post-op. Especially, God forbid, if you have any complications or are taking narcotics. Just so you know, I won't smack you if you come here and ask questions. Not at first, anyway;)

It's been a little harder than I expected to find foods that I like and to avoid the "comfort" foods which are not compatible with a DS. I'm avoiding them, but it is harder than I thought it would be. This may be because I was so used to dumping after RNY surgery and no longer have the built-in punishment mechanism that kicks in immediately.

While we eat our fair share of pre-prepared foods (frozen dinners, Safeway cafe foods) as well as eating out perhaps twice a week, he apparently NEVER cooks and ALWAYS eats restaurant or frozen foods. And he had NO appreciation of what a carb is. How did he get this far, without paying attention to how he was going to have to live afterwards? And he's a revision - he knew there were at least DIFFERENT food choices required!! Let's see how long it takes before NYB and various others who are trying to be the face of the "nicer" board flip a bitch on him.

ETA: And I watch what I'm eating, even when I'm eating out - or knowingly do something wrong just because. He seems oblivious.

Last edited:
I was a bit puzzled why I felt sort of sort of bad for him, yet see others say they were also concerned or felt he was endearing.

I have no kids, but suspect some illogical maternal thing going on, because he is otherwise exasperating.

I get wanting carby foods or "cheating" and whatnot. We're human, it'll happen, but the fact that he didn't comprehend that he shouldn't be eating that stuff in the first place was what was infuriating. He actually said something to the effect of "so you're saying I should eat the bacon egg and cheese and throw away the biscuit???" and "so is rye bread a bad carb?" I haven't been on the message boards half as long as him and that was the first thing I learned. I could understand if he was never doing his own research and just going by NUT recommendations, but after all the exhausting back and forth to not have absorbed something so simple is just ludicrous.

Checking in. But, sweet jesus, how can someone get the DS and not understand what a carb is? I understand what I SHOULD eat, what I actually eat may not always be what I should eat, but I know when I'm doing wrong.

While we eat our fair share of pre-prepared foods (frozen dinners, Safeway cafe foods) as well as eating out perhaps twice a week, he apparently NEVER cooks and ALWAYS eats restaurant or frozen foods. And he had NO appreciation of what a carb is. How did he get this far, without paying attention to how he was going to have to live afterwards? And he's a revision - he knew there were at least DIFFERENT food choices required!! Let's see how long it takes before NYB and various others who are trying to be the face of the "nicer" board flip a bitch on him.

ETA: And I watch what I'm eating, even when I'm eating out - or knowingly do something wrong just because. He seems oblivious.
The not knowing what a carb is totally floored me. He had the lapband what was he eating there, hopefully not foods like bread and potatoes.

Well, he seems to be a kissing cousin to Gary Hunt. Very dense, unable to understand basic nutrition, and cannot seem to follow simple directions. I mean, Gary Hunt is now making his famous boudin with cauliflower "rice" instead of rice, but still cannot understand why he's shitting himself.

Neither of these two men's family gene pools cross their perspective county lines. Seriously. I hope they don't reproduce.

b%2Bhelping%2Bclear%2Bout%2Bthe%2Bgene%2Bpool%2B1%2Bpost%2Bat%2B_ed42862ed68521559357a251d20a726c.jpg

funny_gene_pool_t_shirts_gifts_card-rda9402ad375047628338310f87c94b3d_xvuak_8byvr_324.jpg

Well, he seems to be a kissing cousin to Gary Hunt. Very dense, unable to understand basic nutrition, and cannot seem to follow simple directions. I mean, Gary Hunt is now making his famous boudin with cauliflower "rice" instead of rice, but still cannot understand why he's shitting himself.

Neither of these two men's family gene pools cross their perspective county lines. Seriously. I hope they don't reproduce.
WTH I can't even imagine cauliflower rice boudin. How much boudin is he eating that it's worth sacrificing deliciousness of Cajun cuisine.

Latest posts

Back