**SECOND** COVID-19 Vaccine Info

Spiky Bugger

A friend txted this morning. Her husband got his second vaccine, Moderna, yesterday and his temp is 104.4°F this morning. Well, I found this for her and I’m thinking that when I get my second dose (also Moderna) on Wednesday, MAYBE it will be in the other arm.

This isn’t about ONLY the Moderna vaccine. But I found it helpful because it’s written for non-science nerds.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/02/second-vaccine-side-effects/617892/

Bill had his second Moderna Monday morning. Only thing he felt was slight injection site soreness day 2 and he seemed extra tired Monday night even though he did nothing. I kept reading and reading the article and FINALLY toward the end it said if one didn’t experience discomfort it did NOT mean the vac wasn’t doing it’s job. Whew, I was getting g a little worried.

Bill had his second Moderna Monday morning. Only thing he felt was slight injection site soreness day 2 and he seemed extra tired Monday night even though he did nothing. I kept reading and reading the article and FINALLY toward the end it said if one didn’t experience discomfort it did NOT mean the vac wasn’t doing it’s job. Whew, I was getting g a little worried.
That’s essentially what we went through. But with Moderna. So our second time may be a bit more intense.

But then we may need more boosters for the variants!

Last edited:
I got my second Pfizer shot this week (now known around these parts as the Fauci Ouchie) and the next day I had more recliner naps than normal then a high (for me) fever complete with a wet head for about 2 hours. 100+ fever that came down with a generic Tylenol thing I found in the cupboard. I had tried to move the shot due to having surgery on the 27th but work would not budge on extending me out a couple more days.

I kept reading and reading the article and FINALLY toward the end it said if one didn’t experience discomfort it did NOT mean the vac wasn’t doing it’s job. Whew, I was getting g a little worried.
I had more than a little anxiety about not having any reaction to the second shot. my arm was just barely sore with both shots.

I got called less than an hour ago. I go in the morning for my first vaccine. I don’t know which one but honestly I don’t care. My Charles isn’t in the same group, he’s under 65. I’m 66 and they had started adding the over 65 with medical conditions a couple of weeks.

We are all reacting a little bit differently. Thought I’d share the info for those who are worried about vaccine reactions. All of us had the Moderna vaccine and this is our second dose.

We were yesterday morning. MiniSue and MrMiniSue were around 5pm yesterday. (My sister was this morning, so no report yet.)

MiniSue—feeling flush and a bit sleepy. Taking the 500 mg Tylenol.
MrMiniSue—also on 500 mg Tylenol, slept ALL day, just ate a PBJ sandwich, now sitting up.
MrSue—seems less bothered than I am. Injection site sore, feels like a strained muscle. Taking 500 mg Tylenol. No fever. Yesterday took a FULL (hearing aids out, glasses off, laptop on the table, pillow, blanket) HORIZONTAL nap.
Yours Truly—Low grade fever, sleepy, injection site sore…like I got hit by a softball. Ribs hurt a little to cough, like a mild case of pleurisy. This afternoon, I added a single 200 mg Ibuprofen to my 6 pm Opioid which, of course, has acetaminophen and I didn’t want to kill off my liver today. (Ibuorofen just kills my stomach.)

Last edited:
7 days since Pfizer. A complete non-event for us - slightly sore arm, not Tylenol-worthy. Same with Dad after his second shot on Tuesday. TBH, I’d be happy to have more of a reaction, because it would confirm efficacy.

We are all reacting a little bit differently. Thought I’d share the info for those who are worried about vaccine reactions. All of us had the Moderna vaccine and this is our second dose.

We were yesterday morning. MiniSue and MrMiniSue were around 5pm yesterday. (My sister was this morning, so no report yet.)

MiniSue—feeling flush and a bit sleepy. Taking the 500 mg Tylenol.
MrMiniSue—also on 500 mg Tylenol, slept ALL day, just ate a PBJ sandwich, now sitting up.
MrSue—seems less bothered than I am. Injection site sore, feels like a strained muscle. Taking 500 mg Tylenol. No fever. Yesterday took a FULL (hearing aids out, glasses off, laptop on the table, pillow, blanket) HORIZONTAL nap.
Yours Truly—Low grade fever, sleepy, injection site sore…like I got hit by a softball. Ribs hurt a little to cough, like a mild case of pleurisy. This afternoon, I added a single 200 mg Ibuprofen to my 6 pm Opioid which, of course, has acetaminophen and I didn’t want to kill off my liver today. (Ibuorofen just kills my stomach.)
Hope you feel better now.

7 days since Pfizer. A complete non-event for us - slightly sore arm, not Tylenol-worthy. Same with Dad after his second shot on Tuesday. TBH, I’d be happy to have more of a reaction, because it would confirm efficacy.
Per that article, the Moderna has three times the (what was it…mRNA?) and caused stronger reactions In the trials. You got off easy, kiddo.

Latest posts

Back