COVID-19 Vaccine

Spiky Bugger

On Wednesday, we got “Jab #5” and seem to be surviving…in spite of our stupidity.

Stupidity #1–We got our flu vaccines at the same time. I should have watched him more carefully, but MrSue got both jabs in the same arm and didn’t figure THAT out until getting ready for his shower on Thursday morning and encountering two BandAids on one arm.

Stupidity #2–we have in-home PT 2x/week. As I was positioning myself for the exercises, I happened to mention to him that we got those shots. He said, “Are you okay? Do you want to skip today?” I said I was fine but summoned MrSue. PT started laughing. “HE looks pale compare to when I walked in five minutes ago! What time were your vaccines?” They were almost exactly 24 hours earlier, so we were JUST beginning to react…lol.

We spent the day feeling fine. My flu vaccine arm is warmish and has a bump in the area of the injection. My COVID vaccine—and it was the new Bi-Valent vaccine—arm is reacting less. He was The King of Naps. I wanted naps but just didn’t fall asleep.

Now, Friday morning, my ”flu shot arm,” in the area of the injection, still has a hard bump and is still warm. MrSue is still asleep, so whatever reaction he’s having doesn’t include severe pain.

Last edited:
We got our #5 on the 26th. Now, except for #4, which was Pfizer, the rest of mine were Moderna. Dr has only had Pfizer and I wanted him cross pollinated. So we found a pharmacy in the area doing both. We were about a week out from our flu shots. Yes, my arm hurt, but it’s hurt on all the Moderna ones, #1 being the worst, this one being second. For DS, this one took him for a loop. His arm hurt, he was fatigued to the point of wearing out halfway thru the day and needing a nap. And that was after a full night’s sleep. We have iPhones and Apple Watches and have downloaded an app called AutoSleep to track our sleep. According to that, he’s doing pretty good in spit of his cpap trying to kill him with Central Sleep Apneas and a non responsive sleep doc. He’s looking for a new one.

Anyway, we are covered which way to Sunday. AND we found out that they’ve moved the new Singles vaccine to a tier three drug making it affordable on our drug plan. I still want to talk to my PCP since I had singles in my 20’s.

We had our shots a week and a half ago, on Monday afternoon after our training session. I had arranged for us to get both Covid #5 (bivalent Pfizer), flu (old person 4X) and we were both past our expiration dates for Tdap. When we got there, there was only ONE Tdap shot available (goddammit, that’s why I signed up in advance!), so I took it and Charles went back this week and got his Tdap.

I got all three shots in my right arm, because I sleep on my left side. Had almost no reaction to any of them. Charles also didn’t have much of a reaction. I hope we got good shots!

Latest posts

Back