Robs477 Update: ….”The “EL GORDITO GRANDE”

One could de-carb this by substituting splenda for sugar (but I've never tried this) and getting rid of the crust.

No-Bake Eggnog Cheesecake

1-1/4c finely crushed vanilla wafers (30 wafers)
3T butter melted
1/3c sugar
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1c eggnog
4 beaten egg yolks
1/4t groung nutmeg
1 8oz pkg cream cheese softened
2T rum or milk
4 egg whites
1/2c sugar
1/2c whipping cream
Shaved chocolate or crushed vanilla wafers for garnish

In small bowl combine crushed wafers and melted butter. Press into bottom and 1/2” up sides of 9” springform pan. Chill at least 1 hour.

In a medium saucepan combine 1/3c sugar and gelatin. Stir in eggnog, egg yolks and nutmeg. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it just comes to a boil. Remove from heat.

In large mixer bowl on medium, beat cream cheese for 30 seconds til softened. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture. Add rum or milk. Chill until partially set.

In medium mixer bowl on medium, beat egg whites till soft peaks form (tips curl). Gradually add remaining sugar beating until stiff peaks form (tips stand up straight).

In a small mixer bowl beat cream to soft peaks. Fold whites and whipped cream into gelatin mixture, then turn into crumb-lined pan. Cover and chill several hours or overnight.

Loosen sides of cheesecake from pan with a soft spatula. Remove springform pan sides. Sprinkle top with shaved chocolate or crushed wafers.

I KNEW...(and was hoping) that you were going to ask that..lol!!! Scott, I am counting on you and your advice in particular here since, unfortunately, you are the "worst case scenario" example of experience here that I fear becoming the most. SO, I really am looking up to you and your advice for comparisons and advice. I will get those numbers and post them in a few, thxs for ALL that you do too, Rob
Just saw this. Lol you know me too well!

I would say take a look to see where your numbers come in at your next labs...... Key for me are albumin, total protein, copper, zinc and the H and H (anemia). See how they are trending. Slightly below range or at bottom for ntotal protein is okay according to Dr K.... As long as everything else isn't taking. Also key is your energy level and how you feel. If those are good u wouldn't worry too much.

@robs477, I remember you worrying you weren't going to lose the weight you needed to because of your effed up metabolism. Looks like THAT isn't a concern anymore. ;) Happy for your success, mate, and hope you can find a solution to your current situation and wind up exactly where you want to be. :)

@robs477, I remember you worrying you weren't going to lose the weight you needed to because of your effed up metabolism. Looks like THAT isn't a concern anymore. ;) Happy for your success, mate, and hope you can find a solution to your current situation and wind up exactly where you want to be. :)

Yeah, I know huh! @Munchkin was right....I guess I actually do have that "Man Factor" thingy after all :D. I feel like that dude in the Stephen King Movie, "Thinner"...All he does is eat and he keeps losing and losing. My Wife gets really pissed at me for watching that movie :D...Watched it again this weekend :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

Latest posts

Back