Robs477 Update: ….”The “EL GORDITO GRANDE”

So good to hear from you Hil. Your posts are always SO refreshing, positive and very wise. I am definitely smiling..:D, VERY happy with my new self and still trying to absorb it all....lol...in more ways than one..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.. I see my Dr. in one more month and should really know by then if I will need the Creon or not. At my WL rate of 2.3 lbs per week, I will loose another 10 lbs by then, so, that's not good news....but, still experimenting! Anyway, I wish you and your family a happy smiling new year as well!!

Hi Rob, Hopefully kicking back the grande gorditos will keep your weight stable. :) I've attached the below both as visual reminder of the importance of hydration and so you can see we are indeed having a happy, smiling new year! All the best to you and yours!!!

20160104_140445.jpg

but to actually have that problem once in my life is hard to believe.

It REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, did I say REALLY?....is hard to wrap my brain around!!!! 37+ yrs of gaining weight if I went over 800 calories CANNOT be mentally "Re-Calibrated", adjusted or compensated for in just a few months. It REALLY is a blow!!!!!

Hi Larra, I see my Dr. in one more month and should really know by then if I will need the Creon or not. At my WL rate of 2.3 lbs per week, I will loose another 10 lbs by then, so...guess we'll see?
How are you albumin and total protein values, Rob?

And the Creon did it's job for me in keeping me on Two feet until the inevitable revision....... Inevitable for me, not you... It just didn't reverse course for me cometely.

BTW rob how tall are you? I am 6'2 and bounce between 175.and 180. I never thought I would say so but if I felt stronger /better I actually like this skinny ass weight

Hi Scott...5'11"

I KNEW...(and was hoping) that you were going to ask that..lol!!! Scott, I am counting on you and your advice in particular here since, unfortunately, you are the "worst case scenario" example of experience here that I fear becoming the most. SO, I really am looking up to you and your advice for comparisons and advice. I will get those numbers and post them in a few, thxs for ALL that you do too, Rob

Rob, Please stay extra over-hydrated at this point. You may also want to consider adding in gatorade (full strength), if you don't have diabetes. This helped me a lot with energy when I was losing too quickly and also helped stabilize weight.

Scott, heres the numbers...Total protein went slightly under in Dec labs. Not sure what all that means, guess I need to learn..lol

Protein, Total, Serum
Pre-Surgery 8.10 Post-Surgery 7.40 3 Months 7.20 6 Months 6.50 9 Months 6.30 6.40 - 8.40
Albumin 4.10 3.90 3.80 3.90 4.10 3.50 - 5.00

Rob, Please stay extra over-hydrated at this point. You may also want to consider adding in gatorade (full strength), if you don't have diabetes. This helped me a lot with energy when I was losing too quickly and also helped stabilize weight.

Great idea, thxs! Yeah, I also switched over to REAL non-diet soda's....lol I only drink one a day or so, because I know they're not good for you either, but...that's 150 more calories to add as well.

Hi Scott...5'11"
Hey Bud.... I know this weight loss is playing hard on you mentally, but it will settle out for you, I am sure. As I told you before I really believed 220 is where I figured I should be, but honestly now I think 190 is a good weight for me( if I can get there). You will get to your happy and healthy balance soon.

Scott, heres the numbers...Total protein went slightly under in Dec labs. Not sure what all that means, guess I need to learn..lol

Protein, Total, Serum
Pre-Surgery 8.10 Post-Surgery 7.40 3 Months 7.20 6 Months 6.50 9 Months 6.30 6.40 - 8.40
Albumin 4.10 3.90 3.80 3.90 4.10 3.50 - 5.00
Those look pretty good. You are what, 14 months out now? Do you get labs at upcoming visit?

BTW Dr K talks about the balance between health and perfect weight and likes to say it is almost impossible to have both. He believes weight will be what it is and with his ds he tries to optimize health and if weight is a little higher so be it...... I think you and I would both tend to agree with that sentiment

I am sympathetic to your plight. Truly I am. Yet a small part of me is sayin' this is a man problem, like jock itch, or the inability to load a dishwasher. At 2 months out, I can't imagine ever getting to the point of losing too much weight.

Your gordito guzzle sounds tasty but short lived -- eggnog is already disappearing from the dairy case here. (I don't drink eggnog but have a killer eggnog cheesecake recipe. Think it's unbaked so you could even mix in protein powder.)

Latest posts

Back