My (Robs), New Update, 20+ Weeks

Congrats, Rob! 100 pounds at this point is amazing!! I'm right there w you on the food aversion thing. At 5 1/2 months out I still can't eat bacon, sausage, hamburgers, hot dogs, eggs, milk and most other dairy products. I eat a TON of steak and chicken. Some ham and pork. As much as I love a good medium rare filet mignon - eating it all day long about 3 times a week can get a little tedious. Lol. My husband jokes that I'm on a constant hunt for protein and it does feel that way. I'm not complaining though bc I feel great and wish I had had this surgery 5 years ago after the birth of my 4th daughter!

Glad to hear you are doing so well! Take care. :)

The word thing for me was a complete inability to eat steak, something I was shocked to see Rob eat at just a few months out. I had my 1st steak at about my 1 yr surgiversary, less than 3 months ago! I now eat a T- bone every day! Loving it now....but felt sick to even think about eating it before. I'm doing MUCH better with eating now also, as some weird internal switch seems to have been thrown for me at the 1 yr point. I seem to be holding my weight between 181 and 183 lbs. I'd like to add 10 lbs or so of muscle to my frame. At 190 or above I'm considered overweight by the height/weight tables....what garbage! But I need the strength. Hope to have excess skin removed next June. Not much I'm surprised to say, but prob 10 lbs.

The word thing for me was a complete inability to eat steak, something I was shocked to see Rob eat at just a few months out. I had my 1st steak at about my 1 yr surgiversary, less than 3 months ago! I now eat a T- bone every day! Loving it now....but felt sick to even think about eating it before. I'm doing MUCH better with eating now also, as some weird internal switch seems to have been thrown for me at the 1 yr point. I seem to be holding my weight between 181 and 183 lbs. I'd like to add 10 lbs or so of muscle to my frame. At 190 or above I'm considered overweight by the height/weight tables....what garbage! But I need the strength. Hope to have excess skin removed next June. Not much I'm surprised to say, but prob 10 lbs.

Yeah, Will, whats even weirder is I couldnt eat grilled chicken breasts until a few weeks ago. One lesson I learned was to never, ever 2nd guess what you may or may not like post-op, and it keeps changing. And always have a plan B, some other form of protein to eat.

Latest posts

Back