Robs477 Update: ….”The “EL GORDITO GRANDE”

robs477

Now an Angel in heaven
Well……though I realize this is a Bariatric “Weight Loss” site…but, here is a bit of an ironic post regarding the desire to achieve “Weight Gain”, or at the very minimum, the prevention of any further weight loss.

I have currently lost 160 lbs and am under 195 lbs. Factoring in for the extra skin weight and 20-30% more bone density from being MO for 37+ yrs, my real adjusted weight (RAW), is more like 185 lbs.

I have been trying to find ways to slow down and actually stop the WL all to no avail. I did however make a rather interesting and hopeful observation over the Holidays. I was off work for over two weeks and didn’t even lose 1 lb. But, as soon as I came back to work this week, I’ve dropped another 2 lbs. So, that just pretty much tells me that I am NOT taking in enough calories to sustain my increased activity while being at work VS. being at home not doing as much activity. So, I am exploring different ways to try to get in another 1-2,000 calories PER DAY to see if that will stop the WL, thus my new creation….The “EL GORDITO GRANDE”.

The “EL GORDITO GRANDE” is a protein shake concoction I came up with of cream, ice cream, eggnog and protein powder and packs a whopping 980 Calories and 45 grams of protein. I’ve been very fortunate and can tolerate dairy pretty well and I just started this 2 nights ago and have it 1 hour before bedtime. NEVER thought in a million years that I’d be posting something like this…so, wish me luck :D.

So...for those 1 or 2 of you whom are looking to actually "Gain weight"...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:....here's the recipe!

And, BTW...it tastes pretty dang good as well!!

TheEl Gordito Grande - Protein Shake

1+ Scoop of Optimum Nutrition protein =120 cal, 25g protein
1 + cup of Blue Bell Vanilla Ice Cream =440 cal, 10g protein
½ cup (4+ OZ) Half & Half Cream =180 cal, 5g protein
½ cup (4+ OZ) Eggnog = 180 cal, 5g protein

TOTAL = …..920 cal… 45g protein

Last edited:
I am VSG so that is my caloric intake for the day but you suckered me in with the post name. El Gordito Grande is the best name ever!

When I saw the name, I thought you were mistakenly referring to yourself. You are not "gordito" at all! I feel much better, knowing that you meant your concoction and not yourself.
And if that creation isn't enough, get a prescription for digestive enzymes to increase your absorption. Often, a few months of digestive enzymes will get you past this stage. It didn't work for Scott, but does work for others.

Rob, Hope the new year finds you smiling. I echo Larra's advise on the enzyme. Though all magic has a price, Creon worked well for me when I needed it. I wish I weren't lactose intolerant because your el gordito grande is right up my alley. Egg nog and ice cream. What's not to love?

Watch out for that Blue Bell. I just heard they found listeria at one of their plants again.

When I saw the name, I thought you were mistakenly referring to yourself. You are not "gordito" at all! I feel much better, knowing that you meant your concoction and not yourself.
And if that creation isn't enough, get a prescription for digestive enzymes to increase your absorption. Often, a few months of digestive enzymes will get you past this stage. It didn't work for Scott, but does work for others.
I thought he was talking about a trip to the shitter! :p

Rob, Hope the new year finds you smiling. I echo Larra's advise on the enzyme. Though all magic has a price, Creon worked well for me when I needed it. I wish I weren't lactose intolerant because your el gordito grande is right up my alley. Egg nog and ice cream. What's not to love?
And the Creon did it's job for me in keeping me on Two feet until the inevitable revision....... Inevitable for me, not you... It just didn't reverse course for me cometely.

BTW rob how tall are you? I am 6'2 and bounce between 175.and 180. I never thought I would say so but if I felt stronger /better I actually like this skinny ass weight

What's not to love? The eggnog! :alien:That stuff looks good but when I convince myself to try it again because surely my tastes have changed, as soon as it touches my lips it makes me want to instantly hurl.

@DSRIGGS, Is it textural, the thought of raw egg or something else? People definitely have strong feelings about eggnog. Either they love it or they hate it. I'm in the prior camp; more so for happy memories, I suppose, than anything else. And then the eggnog latte takes it to the next level of awesome for me...

And here I thought I was going to be reading about a taco meal that went realllllly wrong. :pdt leb:

It's hard for me to imagine needing to stop weight loss after everything I have been through. I'm not saying I want that to happen, because then you are dealing with other issues, but to actually have that problem once in my life is hard to believe.

@DSRIGGS, Is it textural, the thought of raw egg or something else? People definitely have strong feelings about eggnog. Either they love it or they hate it. I'm in the prior camp; more so for happy memories, I suppose, than anything else. And then the eggnog latte takes it to the next level of awesome for me...
@hilary1617 it is 100% about the flavor. The creaminess and texture are what look so good to me. I love heavy cream with sugar in it and that is what it looks like to me and then I taste whatever flavor makes the nog part and it gags me...really does. That and Malt like in malted milk balls are about the only two flavors that I can think of that are so strongly negative to me.....anything else I can pretty much eat....can't do coconut but that one is more a texture thing.

I wish I liked eggnog because it looks de-freaking-licious......but I can't....oh, Bloody Marry is the same way. Love tomato juice and tomato based sauces as long as cooked, but cold tomato juice is the other hurler for me......they look so darn good because you get a meal with your drink and my ex fat ass loved to eat and drink. :D

So good to hear from you Hil. Your posts are always SO refreshing, positive and very wise. I am definitely smiling..:D, VERY happy with my new self and still trying to absorb it all....lol...in more ways than one..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.. I see my Dr. in one more month and should really know by then if I will need the Creon or not. At my WL rate of 2.3 lbs per week, I will loose another 10 lbs by then, so, that's not good news....but, still experimenting! Anyway, I wish you and your family a happy smiling new year as well!!

Hi Larra, I see my Dr. in one more month and should really know by then if I will need the Creon or not. At my WL rate of 2.3 lbs per week, I will loose another 10 lbs by then, so...guess we'll see?

Latest posts

Back