RAVE: it's Spring here

JackieOnLine

Staff member
southern Oregon's Rogue Valley is in Spring, even of most of the country isn't. today I walked the dogs and saw spring bulbs not just up but blooming and then I came home and mowed the (tiny) lawn.

SPRING!!!

:mowinggrass:

Weird, isn't it. And it's so dry here in California. For some reason this Sesame Street video comes to mind:

We're getting "warnings" about our early spring not being such a good thing - besides the drought, the flowering plants in parts of our area (we are all microclimates) could still get frosts. Although it doesn't happen often, or even every year, we lost a few of our plants already this winter from a once every 2 or 3 years frost.
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...-Lessons-to-Bay-Area-Gardeners-246627761.html

yes, dry - we had one snow this winter and not much rain. I know the fire season will be horrible.

Well, we had a snowpacalypse, an earthquake, and tornadoes all within a week here. I think we might've pushed SC over it's capacity for Yankees and it's trying to reject us ;)
That wasn't the worst snow we've had...that one (in my memory) was 1993 when it exceeded 12 inches in Greenville. Earthquakes are also normal in this area as there is a fault line around here, up here in the upstate are the mapped lines but most of the activity tends to happen near Charleston (Edgefield is down that way) http://www.erh.noaa.gov/cae/quake.htm
And just be glad we aren't in tornado alley...

That is why WE prefer up the road in the mtns.

At LEAST you are renting for now. LOL

It was beautiful today....it's gotten to the mid 70's and the sun is shining...I have plants starting to bud...just in time for another freeze!
True, but I don't foresee us renting for too much past our one year lease, I think we want to sink our feet in, earthquakes or no earthquakes :)

We don't really have spring here in AZ. We don't have 4 seasons. We have summer and a little bitty winter. We don't see any leaves changing.

upload_2014-3-6_19-25-8.png

This is just a test: just curious if this way of pasting works - this isn't saved anywhere (not even on my computer) - I did a printscreen, opened in Paint, cropped, and copied the result onto the clip board to paste it into an email (if it shows, this is from GoogleMaps of the park near my house - although I'm sure it's not from this year, this is the exact stage of blooming the pear trees are at right now - pollen and allergy max!).

ETA: OK, that's weird - I can see it (I really didn't expect to) - can anyone else?
ETA: I can see it on my cell phone, which means everyone can see it - how can that be?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back