My intro, VSG to DS

Hi, Sue - Welcome!
Dr. Ayoola is my surgeon as well (I'm still pre-op).
I think you will like him if you haven't already met him.

Hi purple, thanks for the welcome, that would be great, no I have not met him but hope to soon, going to make an appointment:D I would love any info.

@southernlady is this how to tag someone? I guess I will find out!!! Hi there, thank you for the welcome, I am starting to see that about Anti-DS.

Welcome, Sue. Glad you found your way over here! Not sure how my journey would have evolved without the knowledge and support I have had here.
:welcometotheforum:

Sue, there is a lot of ignorance about the DS, as well as some folks who get very defensive over their own choices of surgery - even when things have not worked out well for them. And there are some people who think that, when we try to inform people that they have more options than they realize and they should research everything, believe that we are trying to push the DS down everyone's throats. It's a difficult position for us, because on the one hand we do tell people about the DS over and over, but on the other hand if they don't hear about it from us, many would never hear about it at all. It's esp sad for revision people, or for people who start out with very high bmi's or severe metabolic problems and are STILL not informed about the DS by the surgeon or clinic they are working with. So we get out there and tell them about it and recommend it, and then sometimes we get the kind of responses that you saw there.
The best advice I can offer is to just not let it get to you, give whatever advice you can, and if someone clearly isn't receptive, move on. Sometimes all you can do is plant a seed. It's frustrating, but it's reality. The more open minded people will ask what the heck is a DS, maybe I should look into this, others will just blindly trust their doctors and ignore you. Such is life.

Welcome and Happy New Year:) There's a wealth of info. available here and amazingly supportive members.

Latest posts

Back