My intro, VSG to DS

Sue

:001492406:Hi everyone, and Happy New Year,

I was invited here from OH PM from, Larra, who I think answered every single one of my posts. :) I created my account as Sue, but on OH I am suevsg. I had never heard of this site? I am looking to get a DS. I will make an appointment with Dr Folahan Ayoola. I am excited, scared, but ready.

I was on the fence but with the help of primarily OH members that answered all my questions even PM me (Larra, Airbender and Star) I decided to get the DS, not a resleeve or a SADI, which were my other choices, but DS. I think people are afraid of DS information? There are some people on OH who are threatened by the DS? Why? I don't get upset when someone has a different surgery, gee I have a vsg, thought it would be enough but it is not. I hope to learn from all of you, next year I will be busy getting my vsg to DS. I have a lot to learn, and will make my share of mistakes along the way, I may need an ass kicking sometimes too.:pdt sharm:please let it be a gentle ass kicking.
Sue

Hi Sue. Welcome. I too am pre option. The vets here have infinite wisdom and patience. Happy New Year!

Hi Sue! glad you found your way here and that we were able to help you elsewhere. You will find a very well informed group here who can answer questions. We do also have a few people who will give you a gentle and well intended kick when needed.
I think you've made a great decision. For some people the sleeve works out, and that's wonderful, but it isn't the answer for everyone. You've chosen a surgeon with an excellent reputation. Do get your sleeve checked out if you haven't already, to determine if you need a re-sleeve along with the switch part of the DS. Some people do, some don't.

Hi Sue. Welcome. I too am pre option. The vets here have infinite wisdom and patience. Happy New Year!

hi Barbara, oh wow you are a vsg to ds also? we could be a cohort-LOL would be great to share my journey with others.

Hi Sue! glad you found your way here and that we were able to help you elsewhere. You will find a very well informed group here who can answer questions. We do also have a few people who will give you a gentle and well intended kick when needed.
I think you've made a great decision. For some people the sleeve works out, and that's wonderful, but it isn't the answer for everyone. You've chosen a surgeon with an excellent reputation. Do get your sleeve checked out if you haven't already, to determine if you need a re-sleeve along with the switch part of the DS. Some people do, some don't.

Hi Larra! It is great to see you here and I am very happy to be here. Information like that I appreciate, to have my sleeve checked to see if it need to be resleeved in the process of my DS, the vsg was not enough for me. Oh gosh I hope it is not like the post I had today on OH, but like others reached out to me, I want to do the same. I am going to post for someone to help her.

Hi, Sue - Welcome!
Dr. Ayoola is my surgeon as well (I'm still pre-op).
I think you will like him if you haven't already met him.

Latest posts

Back