Lot's of info on Protein shakes but what about calcium citrate

Thanks everyone! I did see the UpCal from amazon...held off ordering though becasue I can't see how many mg of calcium those packets are....does anyone have one around they could look? That's also a thought Vitalady's......just pulling the capsule apart and putting in water. Aprreciate the much needed feedback. I have a few of all the suggested Vits on hand...will start out slow focusing on the D3 and Calcium first.

How soon after surgery did each of you have your labs checked first?

My first set was pulled at 3 months but ONLY because I insisted. The surgeon's office WANTED to wait til 6 months. But I was already having labs every three months for A1C and thyroid...so I got them to give me the list so my PCP could get them all pulled at the same time.

My surgeon wanted to wait an entire year with me taking only his crappy vitamins. I had mine done at 6 months and take the Vitalady list of vitamins.

Like Spiky, I use the Bariatric Advantage calcium citrate lozenges. Yes, a chalky texture, but flavor is good, they contain 500 mg calcium citrate each, and you can just suck on them if you don't want to chew them. And they are easily portable in purse or pocket, just wrap in a little plastic wrap and you're good to go.
The chewies are also pretty good, and they haven't caused me any gastro symptoms, but I only take 1 or 2 of them a day at most.
If all else fails, buy yourself a pill cutter. I have one that I got at Walmart for about $5.00. Works great! I can't swallow those big pills and it's not DS related, so it isn't going to get better. But there is always a way to get those pills down, you just have to see what alternatives work for you.

@Larra Once in a while, when they have too much stock, they package the lozenges as singles which makes them VERY portable. And per piece, they were way cheaper that way, compare to in the tubs, last time I bought some. They were just fairly close to their expiration date. (I'm willing to take that risk...I know...I live dangerously!)

Latest posts

Back