It is always something

DSRIGGS

Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon
I have been in the ER with Cameron since about 12:30 am as he had been dry heaving since about 6pm last night and phenergan didn't help stop the nausea or heaving. He is also having sharp abdominal pain radiating to the back. X-rays just came back and they are now doing a CT as they suspect a possible bowel obstruction.

He just got a job offer today for an IT help desk job that pays well while he is going to school. There is a lot of opportunity to advance quickly as well, and they want him to start on Tuesday. The timing of this sucks not to mention he doesn't need what I believe would be surgery number 13 since 2010...the kid just can't seem to catch a break. I am hoping it is just really bad constipation, but who knows. The ER doc wasn't real positive and she has seen his history of cancer and umpteen CT scans so she wouldn't be doing a CT and subjecting him to even more radiation if she didn't have strong concern that he has a blockage.

SMH :(

I have been in the ER with Cameron since about 12:30 am as he had been dry heaving since about 6pm last night and phenergan didn't help stop the nausea or heaving. He is also having sharp abdominal pain radiating to the back. X-rays just came back and they are now doing a CT as they suspect a possible bowel obstruction.

He just got a job offer today for an IT help desk job that pays well while he is going to school. There is a lot of opportunity to advance quickly as well, and they want him to start on Tuesday. The timing of this sucks not to mention he doesn't need what I believe would be surgery number 13 since 2010...the kid just can't seem to catch a break. I am hoping it is just really bad constipation, but who knows. The ER doc wasn't real positive and she has seen his history of cancer and umpteen CT scans so she wouldn't be doing a CT and subjecting him to even more radiation if she didn't have strong concern that he has a blockage.

SMH :(
I'm so sorry your son is having such a hard time. I hope he feels some relief soon. Thinking of you and saying a prayer.

I'm so sorry your son is having such a hard time. I hope he feels some relief soon. Thinking of you and saying a prayer.
Thanks Cara. I am just sitting and waiting after fighting with his grumpy butt to stay awake and drink the contrast. Hopefully they come get him soon

Here's hoping its just a bad burrito and no scalpels will be involved -- and your family gets some sleep!

No blockage so they are sending us on our way even though he is still nauseous, in pain and occasionally heaving even though has had phenergan and two rounds of Zofran since being here. I don't understand what triggered this it didn't start for six hours after he last ate, so I am at a loss and just hope it clears up. The Dr even said the CT didn't show as much stool as the CT do he isn't obstructed. Basically no instructions but go home. I am at a loss.

Last edited:
Scott, I'm so sorry you and Cameron and Dianna are going through all this. I hope Cameron will be feeling better soon, maybe it's just some kind of stomach bug, but don't hesitate to take him back to the ER if he doesn't improve.

I'm sorry Cameron is going through this. I hope it resolves itself, and you all can get a break.

Thanks everybody. For those of you who are newer members, Cameron is my to be 22 year old (birthaday next Friday) son and he has had a horrificly hard time health wise since being diagnosed with stage 2 lymphocyte predominant Hodgkin lymphoma just before Christmas of of 2010. 12 surgeries, bad gastroparesis that was much better after Dr K operated on him last year (one of the reasons I love Dr K likes a brother) and chronic back pain and abdominal pain after all the surgery have also been at the root of very bad depression the last 18 months and although he is treatment resistant he has been getting better recently. His issues have been very stressful for Dianna and me.. My wife is a saint fir dealing with Cameron and I have put her through. So that is why I post about him here... So many loving people here in my board family who care about him... This place really is family. I was fortunate enough to meet Larra personally and hope to meet others soon. Dianas shindig last year would have been so fun (missed chance to meet rob/sreve and never will now.. Pisses me off) but we just didn't have time to travel from LA to the Bay Area after my revision surgery.... I love you people if I haven't said it and I will meet many of you in the future.

Anyway Cameron has slept all day and had nothing to eat and hardly anything to drink. Hope he is better in the morning and not dehydrated (did get two boluses of fluid before leaving hospital). We were already scheduled to see Dr Schupbach our GP tomorrow as Cameron has been unable to stay awake the last few days.... So we will see what he thinks and get him more fluids if needed. Dr S will direct admit him if need be. He is a gem.

BTW I haven't seen all his labs but the only one they showed me in the ER that was significantly out if range was lipase. It was 45 and bottom range is 75. They were checking for pancreatitis so if reading was high they would have been worried but acted like low was okay. To me if low is okay then why have a lower limit if it isn't bad to be below that level? I read online today that a low reading can mean a chronic condition such as Celiac or diabetes. His glucose wasn't reported as low to my knowledge and even though mayo clinic found he has the Celiac Gene pair marker he didn't test celiac positive.... Did find sibo though.

Any of you know anything else regarding if the low lipase could actually be something we should be concerned about?

Thanks everybody. For those of you who are newer members, Cameron is my to be 22 year old (birthaday next Friday) son and he has had a horrificly hard time health wise since being diagnosed with stage 2 lymphocyte predominant Hodgkin lymphoma just before Christmas of of 2010. 12 surgeries, bad gastroparesis that was much better after Dr K operated on him last year (one of the reasons I love Dr K likes a brother) and chronic back pain and abdominal pain after all the surgery have also been at the root of very bad depression the last 18 months and although he is treatment resistant he has been getting better recently. His issues have been very stressful for Dianna and me.. My wife is a saint fir dealing with Cameron and I have put her through. So that is why I post about him here... So many loving people here in my board family who care about him... This place really is family. I was fortunate enough to meet Larra personally and hope to meet others soon. Dianas shindig last year would have been so fun (missed chance to meet rob/sreve and never will now.. Pisses me off) but we just didn't have time to travel from LA to the Bay Area after my revision surgery.... I love you people if I haven't said it and I will meet many of you in the future.

Anyway Cameron has slept all day and had nothing to eat and hardly anything to drink. Hope he is better in the morning and not dehydrated (did get two boluses of fluid before leaving hospital). We were already scheduled to see Dr Schupbach our GP tomorrow as Cameron has been unable to stay awake the last few days.... So we will see what he thinks and get him more fluids if needed. Dr S will direct admit him if need be. He is a gem.

BTW I haven't seen all his labs but the only one they showed me in the ER that was significantly out if range was lipase. It was 45 and bottom range is 75. They were checking for pancreatitis so if reading was high they would have been worried but acted like low was okay. To me if low is okay then why have a lower limit if it isn't bad to be below that level? I read online today that a low reading can mean a chronic condition such as Celiac or diabetes. His glucose wasn't reported as low to my knowledge and even though mayo clinic found he has the Celiac Gene pair marker he didn't test celiac positive.... Did find sibo though.

Any of you know anything else regarding if the low lipase could actually be something we should be concerned about?
Thank you for sharing your family story. Kudos to your dear wife and Cameron's mommy Dianna. I will continue to keep your family in prayer.

Latest posts

Back