I NEED HELP! Im in the soft phase and strugglng w protein.

Cassie

Ok guys i need help! Im in the soft phase and struggling w gettng in more than 30-45 g of protein from food. I still have to do shakes and powders to grt to 90 g
I almost dnt like eating. Its discouraging .... I take a few bites and dont want to eat much more.

What did you all eat?
Will i be on supplements forever?
How will i ever be able to get in 90 grams of protein from food per day?
I just cant see it happening.
I struggle to get 4 oz max and im done. I feel as though i would have to be eating all day to get it in and then when do i drink to get in 64 oz?

Vicious cycle
Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?
I cant see it :(

I'm sorry you're feeling frustrated. Hang in there. It DOES get better.

Remember that all you have to do is 30 gr by 30 days, 60 gr by 60 days, 90 gr by 90 days. You're still early.

Yes you will be on vitamin supplements FOREVER... or are you talking about protein drink supplements? I am nearly 4 months out and I don;t even come close to being able to eat 90 gr of protein. (I have trouble eating much of any dense protein post-op, but I am unusual.) I have to have protein drinks every day.

Clematis I mean PROTEIN SUPPLEMENTS

I think I am like you! Trouble eating any dense protein even ground if too dry it doesnt go down so good and i lose my appetite

I didnt know the 30,60,90 protein rule of thumb and 30.60.90 days
So that is helpful... But i wont get to 60 in 60 days i dont think :(

Yeah maybe not 60 by eating food, but with protein supplements. I suspect I will always have to drink protein supplements. My 3 month labs had my protein at only 6.2 -- my protein has been this low for many years despite being a serious meat-a-tarian.

I struggle to get 4 oz max and im done. I feel as though i would have to be eating all day to get it in and then when do i drink to get in 64 oz?

Vicious cycle
Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?
I cant see it :(
Yes, there is a light...just a long way off still. I was April/May before things started settling into a normal. And my surgery was in late Jan as well.

IF you are a DS, you CAN sip WITH your meals...not drinking before and after is RNY rules. While most of us may only drink a sip or two, we CAN do it. But at 6ish weeks out, you will still be getting most of your protein from drinks anyway. And protein shakes count toward your fluid as well.

Many days, 2 oz was all I manage at one sitting...just eat smaller "meals" and far more often...we are now hobbits.
Aragorn: Gentlemen! We do not stop 'til nightfall.
Pippin: But what about breakfast?
Aragorn: You've already had it.
Pippin: We've had one, yes. But what about second breakfast?
[Aragorn stares at him, then walks off.]
Merry: Don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?
Merry: I wouldn't count on it.

Don't worry about protein too much. Just worry about eating and drinking. Practically no one gets all the protein in from the get go.

Latest posts

Back