Don's Freakout Palace

DonRobbie

So, had my visit with the GI Nurse Practitioner. Had to explain what a DS was. Fortunately did not have to spell Biliopancreatic for the Nurse trying to find the DS in the computer (apparently my GP never put it in my Medical Records). The bleeding is from hemorrhoids. She recommended against surgery because of the risk of incontinence but she will give a referral if I can't get them under control.
I just can't seem to get Calcium in without locking my butt up tighter than Fort Knox. I picked up some low dose Calcium Citrate so basically I'm spreading what would have been a single dose over the course of the entire day (in addition to my Bone Up since some folks have had bad luck with BoneUp only). I'm not completely shut down but things are hard enough to keep the roids in a constant state of distress.
I think I should have either added the Calcium to about 3 days worth of pill sorters at the end of my two week cycle and seen how it went or phased them in very slowly. Now I have a week and half's worth of vitamins and no particularly good idea for how to pick out the calciums (they are plain white capsules, like several other supplements I take). I've added some Magnesium Citrate to the rest of this week's doses and picked up some more heavy whipping cream for my morning coffee/protein and will see if I can loosen things up without having to chuck a bunch of vitamin$.
Edit: forgot to mention the polyp was benign so I have ten years before I have the Colonoscopy experience again.

hilary1617

First time at the rodeo.
Don, I've been suffering with severe hemorrhoids and chronic anal fissures for a few years. Just know you are not alone. I feel your pain literally. I am now exploring Botox injection (I know crazy eh) in the region as an alternative to surgery - you may want to look into it as well. Also, Nifed/lidocaine suppositories can help with the fissures, but have to be ordered by your physician from a compounding pharmacy. I use Squatty Potty, a doughnut seat cushion, 5% lidocaine cream, gel ice packs, wet wipes, and when it gets really, really bad, I move to liquid diet only for a few days to promote healing.

DonRobbie

6 Month Surgiversary (6/16/19) 215.0 lbs

Just hit 6 months since surgery. The roids have good days and bad days.
I need to make an appointment with my GP and get labs done to see where I'm at.
The 36 jeans I just bought a few weeks ago are thinking about being loose. sigh
My work shirts are loose (they are Duluth Trading medium Pocket Ts, every other brand I'm in a large). I don't want to replace them until I have a better idea what I want to wear long term. I'm definitely on the Asperger's spectrum so I tend toward a "uniform." I wear a shirt with a pocket every day and that's where my cell phone and pen live. Now with shirts hanging off of me, I have to constantly keep an eye on my phone that it doesn't slide out of my pocket. I'm still looking at options to see if I can find something that works better.
We're contemplating buying a home. We still have a pretty fair bit of work to do on ours and with both of us working full time plus schedules finding the time to do home improvement is getting harder to do. We've avoided a mortgage for a while but we're probably going to have to break down and either get a home improvement loan for ours and contract out most of the remaining work or take a mortgage and buy one that's already done.

Last edited:

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
The 36 jeans I just bought a few weeks ago are thinking about being loose. sigh
My work shirts are loose (they are Duluth Trading medium Pocket Ts, every other brand I'm in a large). I don't want to replace them until I have a better idea what I want to wear long term. I'm definitely on the Asperger's spectrum so I tend toward a "uniform." I wear a shirt with a pocket every day and that's where my cell phone and pen live. Now with shirts hanging off of me, I have to constantly keep an eye on my phone that it doesn't slide out of my pocket. I'm still looking at options to see if I can find something that works better.
Ok, hold on to the now loose clothes for when you hit bounce back (most of us do). Plus your body will shift the remaining fat in the coming couple of years.

Hubby wears a clip case on his phone to keep it attached to him/his belt. I know change is hard esp when you are so use to one way.

You are looking good.