Don's Freakout Palace

Don, I've been suffering with severe hemorrhoids and chronic anal fissures for a few years. Just know you are not alone. I feel your pain literally. I am now exploring Botox injection (I know crazy eh) in the region as an alternative to surgery - you may want to look into it as well. Also, Nifed/lidocaine suppositories can help with the fissures, but have to be ordered by your physician from a compounding pharmacy. I use Squatty Potty, a doughnut seat cushion, 5% lidocaine cream, gel ice packs, wet wipes, and when it gets really, really bad, I move to liquid diet only for a few days to promote healing.

6 Month Surgiversary (6/16/19) 215.0 lbs
6%20Months.jpg

Just hit 6 months since surgery. The roids have good days and bad days.
I need to make an appointment with my GP and get labs done to see where I'm at.
The 36 jeans I just bought a few weeks ago are thinking about being loose. sigh
My work shirts are loose (they are Duluth Trading medium Pocket Ts, every other brand I'm in a large). I don't want to replace them until I have a better idea what I want to wear long term. I'm definitely on the Asperger's spectrum so I tend toward a "uniform." I wear a shirt with a pocket every day and that's where my cell phone and pen live. Now with shirts hanging off of me, I have to constantly keep an eye on my phone that it doesn't slide out of my pocket. I'm still looking at options to see if I can find something that works better.
We're contemplating buying a home. We still have a pretty fair bit of work to do on ours and with both of us working full time plus schedules finding the time to do home improvement is getting harder to do. We've avoided a mortgage for a while but we're probably going to have to break down and either get a home improvement loan for ours and contract out most of the remaining work or take a mortgage and buy one that's already done.

Last edited:
The 36 jeans I just bought a few weeks ago are thinking about being loose. sigh
My work shirts are loose (they are Duluth Trading medium Pocket Ts, every other brand I'm in a large). I don't want to replace them until I have a better idea what I want to wear long term. I'm definitely on the Asperger's spectrum so I tend toward a "uniform." I wear a shirt with a pocket every day and that's where my cell phone and pen live. Now with shirts hanging off of me, I have to constantly keep an eye on my phone that it doesn't slide out of my pocket. I'm still looking at options to see if I can find something that works better.
Ok, hold on to the now loose clothes for when you hit bounce back (most of us do). Plus your body will shift the remaining fat in the coming couple of years.

Hubby wears a clip case on his phone to keep it attached to him/his belt. I know change is hard esp when you are so use to one way.

You are looking good.

I have noticed some body changes as I move into postop "middle age".
I seem to be going through second puberty. I've had a massive increase in body hair (chest, armpits, legs).
Also starting to get the first really loose skin. My man boobs look rather deflated with some piled up skin at the armpits. My gut actually has filled out a bit. Have some batwings on my legs when I sit down in shorts.
The intermittent lightheadedness seems to have backed off, though fatigue is still a pretty constant battle.
Miralax no longer is a silver bullet for constipation. Had some Friday and it didn't do much. Made fathead pizza yesterday and devoured a decent bit over the day and evening, then followed up with a full dose of Miralax last night and my bowels just kinda shrugged and said "Is that all you've got?"

fathead pizza ?????
Pizza with the crust made from Mozzarella, cream cheese, almond flour, and an egg. Not sure of the origins of the name. I heard about it on one of Smilin's shrinking videos and Googled it. It has a decent amount of fat and protein and not too many carbs (depending of course on what you top it with).

Forgot one body change that has the wife concerned. I have blood vessels sticking out now. Not varicose just they show up as a raised area on the skin. My hands and my shoulders are the biggest offenders. I have a lot of tendons and other "inside bits" sticking out now. I haven't been "skinny" in 30 odd years so I have no idea what's normal.

Pizza with the crust made from Mozzarella, cream cheese, almond flour, and an egg. Not sure of the origins of the name. I heard about it on one of Smilin's shrinking videos and Googled it. It has a decent amount of fat and protein and not too many carbs (depending of course on what you top it with).
Fathead pizza recipe I wound up using a glass dish since the small cookie sheet I had intended to use was MIA. The crust was too soft and liquid-y when hot (had to eat it with a fork rather than my hands as God intended when he created Pizza) but worked quite well cold.

Forgot one body change that has the wife concerned. I have blood vessels sticking out now. Not varicose just they show up as a raised area on the skin. My hands and my shoulders are the biggest offenders. I have a lot of tendons and other "inside bits" sticking out now. I haven't been "skinny" in 30 odd years so I have no idea what's normal.
Depends. For me, it’s normal but then I saw it on other non-obese family members. Some of us are just blessed to have “ropey” veins which also do not roll. I’m a phlebotomist’s dream!

I haven't been "skinny" in 30 odd years so I have no idea what's normal.
I hear you!
it's very common for post WLS peeps to freak out about something that IS normal - a collar bone, for example.
I was shocked at how much harder it is to shave my armpits. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back