Concerns about Dr K's record

There’s nothing on this chart specific to the DS, not even the admonition that DSers can still poop and fart with a blockage in the BP limb.

Right. And sitting here pre-cataract surgery, I’m glad you said so. I thought I just couldn’t find it!

But the one time I showed that in an Outpatient Surgery place, the doctor reading it acknowledged that he knew nothing about bariatric surgery, which left me an opening. I wonder, since this IS old, if a bunch of us could get together and ask for a DS-inclusive poster.

I was just happy that it warns against NSAIDs and promotes pain relief. For the newly-baptized-opioid-averse providers, that might help a little? Maybe?

Also weird is that in some instances, if a patient dies within so many days of discharge, that death may be reported in that hospital's statistics even if the death is unrelated to the reason for hospitalization.

It's always wise to research a doctor or facility, yet there is often a lot more to any one item you might find.

Also weird is that in some instances, if a patient dies within so many days of discharge, that death may be reported in that hospital's statistics even if the death is unrelated to the reason for hospitalization.

It's always wise to research a doctor or facility, yet there is often a lot more to any one item you might find.
I thought that applied to ALL deaths within 30 days of discharge (or surgery.) And that it was unfair to all concerned.

There’s nothing on this chart specific to the DS, not even the admonition that DSers can still poop and fart with a blockage in the BP limb.

I know Right! Remember dr K had to cut that baby size blockage out when he did my component separation and I was pooping and farting fine!

I thought that applied to ALL deaths within 30 days of discharge (or surgery.) And that it was unfair to all concerned.
Yes, it's probably a condition of participation for Medicare and then states also adopted it. Sort of on the topic, I was living in CO when they passed a law concerning gathering data/statistics about physicians. One could see that a huge percentage of Dr. A's patient died without realizing he was an oncologist. Or that a good percentage of Dr. B's patients had good outcomes without realizing she is a pediatrician. Research: it's a good thing.

How did your video consult go?
Hi Charris, how nice of you to ask. It went excellent. I could not have asked for a more thorough consultation! My only hesitation is traveling across country from Massachusetts to California for the surgery and coming home on such a long flight, post surgery. I am no spring chicken.

Hi Charris, how nice of you to ask. It went excellent. I could not have asked for a more thorough consultation! My only hesitation is traveling across country from Massachusetts to California for the surgery and coming home on such a long flight, post surgery. I am no spring chicken.
I understand but just think is it worth it. People come from Africa. Europe and other countries across seas to sea him one of the best. Your worth it. Just get you someone to accompany you. But if there is another vetted doctor close to you, you can check them out as well and go with who your guys says go with. Good luck

This may sound weird to a not “spring chicken,” but it’s coming from a documented ANTIQUE person, so be patient...and I hate to share my secrets, but...AMTRAK. In a HANDICAPPED ROOM. Reservations needed well in advance. Not cheap, BUT...it’s on the lower level, they will bring your meals to you (regular dining car menu is included in your price), AND....shhhhh....you have your own toilet and sink in your room. DON’T TELL ANYONE.

Do not try to figure out the prices online; it never works for the handicapped room. Call and talk to someone.

Yes, it will take longer. But you can stand up, walk a little, there will be a shower right outside your room. (On a very few trains, there’s a shower IN the handicapped room.).

The “hitches” we’ve had in the Amtrak “git along” were:
•being snowed in along the way in the general area of Buffalo, put us WAY behind schedule, so that on the last day they had to create a lunch meal out of thin air, as they “owed us” a meal for arriving after the allowed lunch time; and,
•the probably homeless guy in a wheelchair who got on in LA with all of his worldly possessions in a cardboard box and INSISTED his dog was a service animal...which it was obviously not, as service animals rarely growl at passersby, attempt to bite train conductors and piss on everything in site, and the dude refused to exit the train. This event caused our fellow passengers to learn what we kinda already knew, to wit...Amtrak in LA is located in the CITY of LA (LAPD area), but security was contracted out to the COUNTY of LA (LA County Sheriff) and if you arrest a dude in a wheelchair, who insists he cannot transfer to a car seat, with a dog, you need...lol...the Sheriff’s Dept has to take him into custody and request LAPD to come get him and to bring an LAPD van equipped to transport someone in a wheelchair, and you need someone from the CITY pound, not the COUNTY pound, to come get the unsupportive dog and your train leaves three hours late.

But we’ve been cross country several times and really prefer Amtrak to the threat of not having access to a toilet or a place to sit comfortably. And if you CAN make it to the Dining Car, some of the passengers are kinda fun to watch and you may be seated with a few...like the guy who just didn’t understand what “raisin bread” meant.

Good luck.

But we’ve been cross country several times and really prefer Amtrak to the threat of not having access to a toilet or a place to sit comfortably.

I took an Amtrak cross country twice and both times they were very late. the last time was from Ft. Morgan, CO to the end of the link in Emeryville, CA - we were 12 hours late and the Amtrak employees said that was pretty good. they said Amtrak is always using another companies track and when there are two trains that need to pass on one track, it's Amtrak that has to pull over and wait.

but other than that, I loved train travel.

the guy who just didn’t understand what “raisin bread” meant.

um, really? :oops:

where does he think raisin toast comes from? :D

I took an Amtrak cross country twice and both times they were very late. the last time was from Ft. Morgan, CO to the end of the link in Emeryville, CA - we were 12 hours late and the Amtrak employees said that was pretty good. they said Amtrak is always using another companies track and when there are two trains that need to pass on one track, it's Amtrak that has to pull over and wait.

but other than that, I loved train travel.

um, really? :oops:

where does he think raisin toast comes from? :D

Yes...freight has priority over passengers. But we were never THAT late. Maybe 3-4 hours on a four day trip.

The raisin bread guy...he wondered, aloud, if the bread was made of raisins or if it had raisins ON it. He couldn’t picture raisins IN it.

And you share tables and sit where told to sit.

Did you check Dr. Greenbaum in NJ? He is on "the list." He was out of network for me but I would have used him if that was not the case.
https://www.virtua.org/find-a-doctor/physician-detail?id={7F6A68E9-1134-4A4F-8506-ABAFC80A70F9}

And you share tables and sit where told to sit.
yes, but somehow that was all part of the charm. I loved the dining car.

I didn't have a super cool room with it's own bathroom, however, I only had the one like a phone booth but horizontal. still pretty cool way to travel.

Latest posts

Back