CHarris...update!

@Charris I'm glad Dr. K is on the case and that you will receive the care you need now. I'm so sorry you are going through this and hope you see improvement rapidly with TPN. Wishing you all the best - hang in there!

I'm so relieved to hear Dr. K. is "activated" and that you are back in the hospital.

If you have read through this thread @Charris , you'll see that many of us are interested in getting you connected with a local DSer with a brain, assuming we can reach one via our available channels. Would you be open to that?

Such a relief to here from you and that you have Dr. K is in your corner and that your back in the hospital!

You really have had a hell of a time! You have got to be scared. I know we are all!
Have you got a family member that is helping you through the emotional crap your dealing with?
Please contact Sue and let her know how you would feel about what En and others have suggested and I believe she has some other information for you.
You are in my thoughts and prayers!
Barb

Thanks for checking in! I hope you feel better soon and can go home to your family. We still have to compare grandbabies too!

Such a relief to here from you and that you have Dr. K is in your corner and that your back in the hospital!

You really have had a hell of a time! You have got to be scared. I know we are all!
Have you got a family member that is helping you through the emotional crap your dealing with?
Please contact Sue and let her know how you would feel about what En and others have suggested and I believe she has some other information for you.
You are in my thoughts and prayers!
Barb

Imho, she's fine now.

I spoke to her this morning. She is in the acute care hospital again and Keshishian is thoroughly involved. He had been trying to contact her, and between IRL people in her room attempting to provide services and her full voice mail, he had encountered some difficulty.

If I have this right...once he was able to touch bases with HER, he was able to fill the local doctors in on why she was just wasting away...and advise on how to make it stop. That's how she ended up back in acute care.

(Also, some nosey old bitch called the SNF, told them that she would NOT respond normally to meds she cannot absorb or food her body didn't realize she had eaten...and gave them the surgeon's name and phone number in case she had been unable to provide it and just generally butted in where she had no business. Or so I'm told.)

She got more blood. She is on TPN. She us where she needs to be, getting what she needs and she has the guy who knows keeping an eye on her.

I don't think she needs an advocate at this point. She's got Keshishian, and he's apparently being consulted re her care and she SOUNDS more coherent than a few days ago.

After discharge, she may need adult supervision asking for help early rather than waiting until she's down five units on blood, for crying out loud! But right now, I feel she is finally on the right track.

Last edited:
Wow! Glad you checked in @Charris
I'm not familiar with Dr. K - But it sounds like he's giving you the care you need. So grateful for that.
3 cheers to getting you back on your feet so you can enjoy that cute lil grandbaby!

J.

Latest posts

Back