Black lives, blue lives, guns, terrorists, psychos, 2nd amendment...

I think you expressed one of the dilemmas very well.

On a personal note, I was once misidentified as a burglary suspect resulting in four angry cops pointing rifles at my head and forcing me to the ground. I was put in handcuffs. It was scary and humiliating as it was in public. After they figured out I wasn't their guy I was released without so much as a "Sorry about that." I lodged a complaint but let it go after that. What I didn't do was resist, demand immediate answers to all my questions, move suddenly, etc

I think the cops were wrong and overly aggressive but that wasn't the time or place to adjudicate my grievances. Just as it isn't a cop's place to act as judge, jury or executioner. All of that is for the courts.

The moral of the story is I'm alive because I didn't internalize it (I know as a white guy that's a lot easier for me to say). But I think a lot of people -- black, white, Latino, etc -- end up shot because they try to hold court right there in the streets. Don't. Video tape them, get witnesses, get a lawyer, don't consent to searches, but don't put a fight. I have never seen anyone win a fight with cops. Ever.

@marquisemark, I'm glad unlike blacks and Mexicans you had the good since to remain calm and stay alive. I believe that's part of the problem you assume all black men, women, people are angry or aggressive. The videos that I saw showed black men following orders, talking calm, explaining they were following orders and were STILL murdered. Apparently only mild manner white folks know how to remain calm and compliant. Anyways no use in fighting a loosing battle we haven't gotten anywhere thus far one more angry aggressive black women will just make others justify why something happened to her later in life.

@marquisemark, I'm glad unlike blacks and Mexicans you had the good since to remain calm and stay alive. I believe that's part of the problem you assume all black men, women, people are angry or aggressive. The videos that I saw showed black men following orders, talking calm, explaining they were following orders and were STILL murdered. Apparently only mild manner white folks know how to remain calm and compliant. Anyways no use in fighting a loosing battle we haven't gotten anywhere thus far one more angry aggressive black women will just make others justify why something happened to her later in life.

You wanna be put in time out?

I think it is unfair to presume my thoughts and feelings, especially since you know nothing about me. Also, I'm not sure the best way to teach anyone about not assuming is by assuming.

Suffice it to say, I assure you that you misread my intentions.

Peace.

Last edited:
You wanna be put in time out?

No time out for me @Spiky Bugger. Besides if you told me to go according to statistics I wouldn't comply anyways. Therefore, Me and my black, agressive, angry, non compliant self bows out gracefully as to not offend any one else by ranting and raving in the ranting and raving forum on a ranting and raving post. ;)

:ahhhhhhh::fighting0076:

I think it is unfair to presume my thoughts and feelings, especially since you know nothing about me. Also, I'm not sure the best way to teach anyone about not assuming is by assuming.

Suffice it to say, I assure you that you misread my intentions.

Peace.

I didn't feel I assumed something because you stated in you last paragraph that blacks and Latinos try to hold court right their and put up a fight. You are not black or Latino and you didn't internalize it

But you have a great night also.

No time out for me @Spiky Bugger. Besides if you told me to go according to statistics I wouldn't comply anyways. Therefore, Me and my black, agressive, angry, non compliant self bows out gracefully as to not offend any one else by ranting and raving in the ranting and raving forum on a ranting and raving post. ;)

:hugs:

Well, I'm not gonna enter combat...I have decided to just wait until next week when ugly things are, for sure, gonna happen.

I mean...armed OathKeepers and armed Bikers who have decided that THEY are just what local LEOs need for assistance defending against armed New BlackPanthers. What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

Okay, I admit to hoping that if they decide to start capping off rounds, these self-appointed fools hit only each other. Assholes. As we used to say back in the day, "488-life," (488 being the then-CA-penal code section for petty theft) "no loss, no report."

Also of interest is that while open carry IS legal there...having a toy gun or a tennis ball is prohibited by law.

What the ever-loving-gold-plated-fuck!

I didn't feel I assumed something because you stated in you last paragraph that blacks and Latinos try to hold court right their and put up a fight. You are not black or Latino and you didn't internalize it

But you have a great night also.

Except that's not what I said. Here's what I actually said:

"I think a lot of people -- black, WHITE, Latino, etc -- end up shot because they try to hold court right there in the streets."

That's a fair and indisputable statement.

And the part about not internalizing was my attempt to say that I make no pretense at understanding the black experience. What I'm trying to suggest is a way for people stay alive and then go after abusive cops in court. if you'd let go for a second you might see I'm on your side.

Good night.

Last edited:
Oath Keepers? Never heard of them so I Googled. What the ever-loving-gold-plated-fuck indeed. Like the Hell's Angels keeping the peace at Altamont, only guaranteed to be 1,000 times worse.

Well, I'm not gonna enter combat...I have decided to just wait until next week when ugly things are, for sure, gonna happen.

I mean...armed OathKeepers and armed Bikers who have decided that THEY are just what local LEOs need for assistance defending against armed New BlackPanthers. What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

Okay, I admit to hoping that if they decide to start capping off rounds, these self-appointed fools hit only each other. Assholes. As we used to say back in the day, "488-life," (488 being the then-CA-penal code section for petty theft) "no loss, no report."

Also of interest is that while open carry IS legal there...having a toy gun or a tennis ball is prohibited by law.

What the ever-loving-gold-plated-fuck!
What about a hug for me? Prejudiced against white boys? :)

What about a hug for me? Prejudiced against white boys? :)

Nah...well...maybe a little. I am married to one, so I am allowed SOME biases!

Charris got her hug cuz she was upset. You get yours for clarifying your position in a pacifistic manner.

I have to admit, I've enjoyed this thread quite a bit. Everyone's input has given me things to think about. Any time I can learn from someone else's perspective, it is enjoyable. As for offending anyone, that's not your problem. If I get offended, it's my reaction and I hope I'm not going to blame someone for my actions.

Great post. I am very supportive of BLM's position and the crap I read on FB from friends frankly embarrasses me. Just because I support what BLM is trying to do doesn't mean I think all cops are bad people looking to do harm to black people. That is a dangerous and tough profession and I think the bad apples are a small percentage. That being said I think the traininguinal they are being provided and the techniques being taught need to be examined because something isn't working. Unarmed people getting pulled over for a traffic stop can't be shot 4 times and allowed to bleed out. There was just way too many things wrong with that entire series of events, and a little girl watching her Daddy killed is just not acceptable.

My biggest annoyance today is so many people I know saying that Obama's speech was political and a travesty. I read the trand riot but apparently I missed all the overtly political statements . I thought it was a great speech laying out expectations for accountability and responsible paths forward for communities to come together to fix this unacceptable problem. There are no silver bullets but talking openly and honestly about the current state of affairs is the first step. If the President can't do that withour bring called a divisive racist then we will never fix the problem. Cops shouldn't fear being murdered by a crazy sniper or other ambush, and a black man shouldn't have to fear thst the police will profile him and shoot him if he gets pulled over for a min or traffic issue..

I have to admit, I've enjoyed this thread quite a bit. Everyone's input has given me things to think about. Any time I can learn from someone else's perspective, it is enjoyable. As for offending anyone, that's not your problem. If I get offended, it's my reaction and I hope I'm not going to blame someone for my actions.

Kind words.

And really, imho, the most stressed-out people in this country right now have to be LEOs of color and their families.

MEANWHILE...I HAVE AN IDEA!!!

Let's give New Black Panthers, Oathkeepers, the Bikers, BLM, Mike Huckabee (because, why not?) and Westboro Baptist church @DianaCox 's address for an alleged last-minute planning session.

When they burn the place down and shoot up the neighborhood, Diana can collect the insurance AND it will piss off the RE agent neighbor-former friend next door.

A win-win?

Great post. I am very supportive of BLM's position and the crap I read on FB from friends frankly embarrasses me. Just because I support what BLM is trying to do doesn't mean I think all cops are bad people looking to do harm to black people. That is a dangerous and tough profession and I think the bad apples are a small percentage. That being said I think the traininguinal they are being provided and the techniques being taught need to be examined because something isn't working. Unarmed people getting pulled over for a traffic stop can't be shot 4 times and allowed to bleed out. There was just way too many things wrong with that entire series of events, and a little girl watching her Daddy killed is just not acceptable.

My biggest annoyance today is so many people I know saying that Obama's speech was political and a travesty. I read the trand riot but apparently I missed all the overtly political statements . I thought it was a great speech laying out expectations for accountability and responsible paths forward for communities to come together to fix this unacceptable problem. There are no silver bullets but talking openly and honestly about the current state of affairs is the first step. If the President can't do that withour bring called a divisive racist then we will never fix the problem. Cops shouldn't fear being murdered by a crazy sniper or other ambush, and a black man shouldn't have to fear thst the police will profile him and shoot him if he gets pulled over for a min or traffic issue..

While I understand why BLM is the way it is, I think their approach alienates too many potential supporters. I prefer http://www.colorofchange.org I sign most, but not all, of their petitions and OCCASIONALLY make a small donation. I think that they make a difference without making a scene.

Yeah, @Charris , get your buns back in here!

Latest posts

Back