Anyone else

DSRIGGS

Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon
Get a tube shoved up their ass, balloon inflated, a bucket of barium shot into your colon and then 15 minutes of of x-rays while lying on a cold rock hard table, today? I did and I do not recommend it to anyone.

The prep waa horrible this time with a bottle of mirrilax in 64 oz of gatorade (diluted with 1/6 water since couldn't find g2) drank over 2 hours starting at 9 am, then 4 dulcolax at 4 pm. Was clear liquid yesterday as well and npo at midnight. So when the tech told me she was doing an xray to make sure I was cleaned out well enough and that I would have to another day of prep I was a bit worried. I heard that we don't clean out as well as normies so I was worried even though I shit a good 15 times at least yesterday. Well I passed so I was able to analyze seed and the exam completed.

Hoping they sent out the disc with images to Dr K today for hopeful receipt and review by Friday. I really don't want a significant section of my colon cut out, but I want to get healthy and could see how having feces backing up into my CC could be the cause of a large part of my struggles.

Even with the clean out yesterday my gut still hurt in the umbilicus area. The ct said the bad colon area was at the lower midline section. I am assuming that is where the sigmoid colon is at.

BTW, the wench didn't even want to cuddle after anal sexing me. :p

Last edited:
Next time you have to do a bowel prep, ask for SuPrep: http://www.suprepkit.com/

Much smaller volumes, split in two (evening and early morning). I didn't even need to to the whole second half, because I was already running clean. And I didn't puke it up, which I have done with every other bowel prep.

Yes, I've had a barium enema - not fun. The good thing was, it was the first time my misplaced appendix was visualized - I had had two previous abdominal surgeries in which they could not find it (they went looking for it to remove it as an incidental surgery while they were in there), as well as a diagnosed appendicitis that resolved itself. So I brought those Xrays to Dr. Rabkin when I had my DS, so he could find and remove it (it was retrocecal and up high, under my liver) - it took him 2 or 3 extra holes and about an extra hour of surgery to find it, but it is now gone.

I had that for my last clean out and to me it was worse because it was syrup like and I hated the taste. Actually the mirrilax mixed with gatorade was the best prep solution I have done. I have done suprep, golytely and now this one. The taste was fine.

I got the gatorade m8x down surprisingly easy but all the day long shitting from that and the 4 dulcolax pills was really bad this time. The dulcolax caused a great deal of discomfort. Not eating anything and the 15-20 bathroom trips was really hard this time because I woke up 4 that morning with diarrhea so I was extremely weak yester day and this morning.

I am glad I had the test so it will hopefully give Dr K good images to determine what if anything he needs to do for me.

I am just tired of being tired, weak and my gut aching all the time so I am whiney.

sounds totally yuck!
I just did the suprep crap for a colonoscopy. It tasted so bad I did it in shots like tequila - lemon juice and salt on my hand - take a big drink of the Suprep and then suck the salt. Still made me shudder.

Scott, I'll be thinking of you and sending good vibes

sounds totally yuck!
I just did the suprep crap for a colonoscopy. It tasted so bad I did it in shots like tequila - lemon juice and salt on my hand - take a big drink of the Suprep and then suck the salt. Still made me shudder.

Scott, I'll be thinking of you and sending good vibes
Thanks Ma!

Scott, I hope everything gets fixed for good! Sorry you had to deal with that yesterday.
Thanks Liz. I hope something comes of this but I am not overly optimistic. It seems if I fix one thing something else comes up, but we shall see.

I am assuming that is where the sigmoid colon is at.
According to what I see online, the sigmoid colon is the last section of large intestines just before the anus. (about the last 40 cm of the large intestines.

I honestly can't see how it's backing all the way up your entire large intestines to affect the common channel which is at the lower end of the small intestines. But then again, I had the worst time visualizing the DS when I first learned about it so it's not surprising I am not "seeing" it.

Yeah the sigmoid colon is the last run. I just wasn't sure where the bend was at relative to the umbilicus. The report says- There is redundancy of the sigmoid colon. It could be "normal" and not a big deal and that is why the study was ordered. Redundant colon in and of itself if non symptomatic is not a big deal from what I am told, but if symptomatic then it needs addressed.

My pain is actually just to the right of the umbilicus close to where the ileocecal valve is at, so I think it probably is my common channel that causing that pain. If there is extra colon and all the feces isn't getting out it has to back up and go somewhere. Now that I look at the CT Report under Small Bowel heading it says - There is fecalization of the intraluminal contents within the common limb, suggestive of slow flow. A chronically dilated atonic segment of bowel is noted in the lower midline abdomen. So it is saying my small bowel in the CC area is atonic, not the large intestine.

Oh well, hopefully Dr K can come up with a solution for me.

Haha! Glad you preserved a bit of humor if not dignity, Scott! Glad it's done with and hope you can get onto the road to health and energy! :p
:D Thanks Pam. Better to laugh than cry, right? ;)

I feel for you, Scott. I had a barium enema when I was a child (in PEORIA, no less), and more than 50 years later, the fear is as fresh as if it was done yesterday. I can still feel the ice cold barium flooding through me as the doctor roughly rolled my hip from side to side. I was too terrified to cry. And then the panic that I was going to soil myself as I ran to the bathroom, stepping -- in bare feet -- over the white blobs left on the floor by the adults who didn't make it before me.

Fingers crossed that they find something to fix.

Well that is horrible for a child to go through. I am sorry you had to endure that.

The worst part was obviously the insertion and then the balloon that keeps one from leaking being inflated. Then yes I thought for sure as she deflated the balloon and took it out that I was going to let it fly everywhere but thankfully I did not.

Hopefully this will show something that can be addressed. If not, we move on.

Thanks

:poop: Graphic Details Ahead

Congratulations on keeping it contained. On one of my two experiences with that procedure from hell, I didn't do so well. So after the barium was shot up me and being on that cold surface, I was experiencing the added pleasure of laying in a puddle of contrast. On the plus side, it wasn't cold.

Add me to the long list of those who area swinging chickens for you.

Latest posts

Back