Anyone else

:poop: Graphic Details Ahead

Congratulations on keeping it contained. On one of my two experiences with that procedure from hell, I didn't do so well. So after the barium was shot up me and being on that cold surface, I was experiencing the added pleasure of laying in a puddle of contrast. On the plus side, it wasn't cold.

Add me to the long list of those who area swinging chickens for you.
Thanks hon....laying in puddle of contrast does not sound fun. Apparently my butt balloon did the job. :D

Well, that tech should at least have taken you out to dinner first! Maybe she would have it you hadn't been so busy with the prep.
Sorry you had to go through this, and I hope this provides some answers for you, and eventually some relief.

Well, that tech should at least have taken you out to dinner first! Maybe she would have it you hadn't been so busy with the prep.
Sorry you had to go through this, and I hope this provides some answers for you, and eventually some relief.
Seriously. She was a cheap date. :D

Thanks!

By the way, I found that warm beef broth as a chaser for the SuPrep got rid of that bitter cherry flavor fairly effectively - and I have a hair-trigger barf reflex and have never gotten down a Go-Lightly or contrast medium I've been forced to drink (except that one time I got violently ill while in SF, and ran to Rabkin's office and he had me do a CT with contrast and they had some kind of special low-volume, cranberry flavored contrast medium - it turned out to be food poisoning and not a bowel obstruction).

By the way, I found that warm beef broth as a chaser for the SuPrep got rid of that bitter cherry flavor fairly effectively - and I have a hair-trigger barf reflex and have never gotten down a Go-Lightly or contrast medium I've been forced to drink (except that one time I got violently ill while in SF, and ran to Rabkin's office and he had me do a CT with contrast and they had some kind of special low-volume, cranberry flavored contrast medium - it turned out to be food poisoning and not a bowel obstruction).
There are two different hospitals that I have gone to in Peoria. Osf St Francis which is a level 1 Trauma center and Unity Point Methodist literally on the other side of I-74.

OSF is a better hospital for the most part but one thing I hate is that their CT contrast solution tastes like water with soap in it and I struggle to get it down. Methodist has contrast that is already to go out of the two relatively small bottles. It tastes like Apple juice but not quite as sweet. It goes down so easy and it if a regular drink tasTed like that I would actually by it and drink it.

The gatorade mirrilax prep went down. Very easily so I was pleasantly surprised. The worst part of prep day was how bad it made my already weak body feel but I survived.

So Scott, where are you at? How are you doing?
Hi - I live in a little town west of Peoria, IL I am doing so so I would say. I thought I was starting to feel better after starting on a thyroid med a month ago, but yesterday during the day I was very lightheaded and weak again. That being said with corn harvest starting around here (and as Liz can attest we have a lot of fricking corn around here) it could be partially allergies affecting my sinuses. Then I have an issue of a redundant colon going on and it causing my issues so we are formulating a plan.

I hope you are well yourself and thanks for asking about me, darling.

Hi - I live in a little town west of Peoria, IL I am doing so so I would say. I thought I was starting to feel better after starting on a thyroid med a month ago, but yesterday during the day I was very lightheaded and weak again. That being said with corn harvest starting around here (and as Liz can attest we have a lot of fricking corn around here) it could be partially allergies affecting my sinuses. Then I have an issue of a redundant colon going on and it causing my issues so we are formulating a plan.

I hope you are well yourself and thanks for asking about me, darling.

I'm "doing" good....I'm in a little town 65 miles west of Chicago. Nothing but cornfield around me too. It's Claritin time for me. I was just reading a post on a DS FB site and it appears that you are not alone with a redundant colon. I never heard of this until you posted about it. I'm glad you are working on a plan...you have had more than your share of problems. I care, and I want to see you feel good again. You are in my prayers! Keep going.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm "doing" good....I'm in a little town 65 miles west of Chicago. Nothing but cornfield around me too. It's Claritin time for me. I was just reading a post on a DS FB site and it appears that you are not alone with a redundant colon. I never heard of this until you posted about it. I'm glad you are working on a plan...you have had more than your share of problems. I care, and I want to see you feel good again. You are in my prayers! Keep going.
Thank you. That is very sweet of you.

Unfortunately my redundant colon seems to be causing feces to back up in to my small bowel so that is problematic. We are working on a plan.

I'd expect for someone to slap my ass and pull my hair after all that. What a gross day you've had. It will be worth it if Dr K takes a look at those images and sees whatever is causing the problem.

I'd expect for someone to slap my ass and pull my hair after all that. What a gross day you've had. It will be worth it if Dr K takes a look at those images and sees whatever is causing the problem.
Sweetheart you made me laugh really hard at that one. Thanks!

Dr K finally received the imaging on Monday (idiots at my hospital system hadn't bothered to send to him even though the order said he needed a disc and I asked the tech after my test) and has looked at the images. We are formulating a plan.

Sweetheart you made me laugh really hard at that one. Thanks!

Dr K finally received the imaging on Monday (idiots at my hospital system hadn't bothered to send to him even though the order said he needed a disc and I asked the tech after my test) and has looked at the images. We are formulating a plan.
Glad to hear he has the images now.

Glad to hear he has the images now.
Thanks Liz. I hope you and Charles made it home safe and sound, and that your dexa scan shows good results..

Lots of folds and kinks in my colon and per Dr K the BE clearly shows that and a redundant colon. He has me trying a couple dietary changes with hopes of avoiding surgery since I have symptoms. Unfortunately I have done l, and for the most part, I still do everything he is suggesting.. ..so.......

Latest posts

Back