ABDOMINOPLASTY ADVICE PLEASE?

Oh yeah, and a nice pack of baby wipes. You won't be able to shower for a while but you can keep yourself pretty clean with those. Once you can shower, you can bend a wire coat hanger upside down, put it around your neck and hang the JP drain from the hook portion - very handy when you take a shower. You don't want the drain dangling where it might get caught on something. Ouch!

Toto washlet for the nethers. But yes, baby wipes for the other bits. Or a damp warm washcloth.

I like the wire hanger idea!

I'm waiting for a bid for a bathroom redo. Nothing exciting, just getting rid of the 1946 floor plan and TRYING to gain access to the laundry room w/out going through a bedroom oroutside.

Anyway...I live in SO CAL. Never had, don't want, warm water and all that fancy stuff. I would con$ider a Toto. Mostly, I want to smuggle a REAL toilet, that uses sufficient water, into CA...the new ones are all going to make me flush multiple times.

Buy the Toto Drake II toilet with the washlet. The Sanigloss surface and design of the bowl make 98% of flushes -including my super duper DS poops - one flush and done with a low flow volume.

I have the toto and it is not as great as they say. The slick surface isn't, or my poop is super sticky. We have had it a little over a month and it has already clogged. I too live in so Cal so paying for water is a BIG issue.
The only reason we bought a new toilet is because we wanted a taller one so I did my research and bought the Toto. :(
We had a toilet with the kegger in the tank that uses compressed air to flush. Works the best, it absolutely never clogged and it is
still low flow

Had the tummy tuck after a 65 pound weight loss and 2 babies and it hurt. But I also had lipo and breast lift so it was a lot. You should have a walker because they are going to tighten your muscles and you won’t/shouldn’t stand up straight for a while. It really helped me a lot in the beginning. I wasn’t allowed to fully shower for two months, so a handheld shower nozzle for washing some parts and hair. I was also on bed rest for 2 months. Boredom and depression should be planned for. I used gauze pads to stuff under my binder in areas where it chafed and thin cotton tank tops underneath. Buy at least 2 compression garements cuz you will wear them for months. And you can wear one while you wash and air dry the other. Spanx type shapers work well later on. It took about a year for me to want to go without any “girdle” support.

Oh no no no. It can’t be that bad. 2 months of bed rest, and no showers?? Someone please give me a different experience!!! That wasn’t what my husband experienced, even though we probably pushed things too fast after his procedure, which included two inguinal hernia repairs, by going on a 3 week RV trip 3.5 weeks later.

Oh no no no. It can’t be that bad. 2 months of bed rest, and no showers?? Someone please give me a different experience!!! That wasn’t what my husband experienced, even though we probably pushed things too fast after his procedure, which included two inguinal hernia repairs, by going on a 3 week RV trip 3.5 weeks later.

I don't doubt hers, but it's not EVEN close to my experience. Hobbling around the same day. Shower after a few. The tightening of stomach muscles/hernia will cause you to figure out a way to use elbows when getting out of bed (unless you're in a recliner, which I know you are).

The only thing that sucks is coughs, sneezes, hiccups, laughs for a few weeks until the muscles heal a bit. Keep cough drops handy, maybe a little Vick's Vapor rub, too. Also keep a pillow nearby to brace your stomach in the event of sneezes, etc. And antihistamines really help you sleep and breathe easy at night.

Get prepped, but I really think it won't be that bad. You've got this.

Surgery is Monday. I’m freaking out. Starting with how the hell I'm supposed to wake up in time to get to the hospital (40 min away) by 5:30 AM, with my hair washed, legs shaved, and bowels emptied without coffee (NO COFFEEEEE?!?!), and not pooping myself on the way there (I get diarrhea when fasted).

I’ve told the surgeon I do not want to be sewn tight as a drum, so a quarter can be bounced off my abdomen. Tight enough to fix the hernia(s) and to prevent future tears, and to smooth out my excess belly skin, but I want to be able to stand up straight within a month.i wish he could move some of the fat to my tailbone, but that’s not happening.

Just for the helluvit, I filed my appeal of the denial of the butt and thigh lift today.

I’ve been “power-walking” once a day for the last couple of weeks to improve my leg strength and aerobic capacity. I’m up to about 2 miles in 35 min.

I had RFA on my tailbone last week (without sedation!) to prepare for being on my ass for the next few weeks. It hasn’t helped as much as I would have hoped.

I just want this next month or two to be over.

You'll be ok. Have your DH let me know when you are out of surgery and I'll let the rest of the gang know. And then, the recovery begins!

Just shaving my lower legs, because I’ll need a scythe to cut them back by the time I’m allowed to shower again - I’ll let them do whatever prep is needed for the surgical field!

Just shaving my lower legs, because I’ll need a scythe to cut them back by the time I’m allowed to shower again - I’ll let them do whatever prep is needed for the surgical field!
That’s one chore I no longer have to worry about...never had much even early on but in the past 5 years, shaving is optional not mandatory. Some of us are lucky in that regard.

You're going to be fine really. I speak from experience. You'll stand straight.

I think it's OK to shave as long as it's an electric. Do NOT use a razor as that can leave micro abrasions for bacteria to penetrate.

As far as pooping, why not take a Dulcolax followed by a bottle of Magnesium citrate the day before? That should clear you out. If not, wear a depends on the way to the hospital with some baby wipes just in case.

You've got this.

Latest posts

Back