What's your hobby?

Rock hound (since I was little) and avid fungi-finder.. love walking through the woods and taking pix of unusual ones or collecting edibles, and finding really cool ones like the blueing bolette. In fact, any wildcrafting while hiking is a big deal to me, mayapple juice.. fiddlehead ferns for stir-fry, nettles.. I love birding and nature.. I think it started with a book my late grandfather gave me- Stalking the Wild Asparagus, and just bloomed from there.. When ambitious- gardening, playing with hot glass (need to do this more, and get the accessories, but that's for another time..) cooking.. have went from one to another, nail polish, to setting up aquariums. I have a short attention span though and tend to bounce from one interest to another. I get really, really into something, then move on. Obsession du jour. Once it was dreaming of backyard chickens.. actually still is.

Rock hound (since I was little) and avid fungi-finder.. love walking through the woods and taking pix of unusual ones or collecting edibles, and finding really cool ones like the blueing bolette. In fact, any wildcrafting while hiking is a big deal to me, mayapple juice.. fiddlehead ferns for stir-fry, nettles.. I love birding and nature.. I think it started with a book my late grandfather gave me- Stalking the Wild Asparagus, and just bloomed from there.. When ambitious- gardening, playing with hot glass (need to do this more, and get the accessories, but that's for another time..) cooking.. have went from one to another, nail polish, to setting up aquariums. I have a short attention span though and tend to bounce from one interest to another. I get really, really into something, then move on. Obsession du jour. Once it was dreaming of backyard chickens.. actually still is.
Oh you would have a BLAST in this general area.

Wish you were my next-door neighbor - if we weren't doing stuff together we could trade the leftovers of past passions. I remember that book, and it opened my eyes to stuff around me. In New England you can sometimes still find the remains of old farm kitchens - ancient apple trees, lonely rhubarb plants, escaped roses - and if you've sharpened your eye you can sometimes fall into a harvest. And you want chickens. You really do. When I can find it again I'll put in a link that will surely set you on the right road with that.

Do you have pictures of your hot glass work? Pleeze?

I don't have time for an official hobby but when I get old enough to retire, I want to travel :) I want a motor home and I want to go everywhere and just experience people and cultures. I can fit in all these places now, I just can't afford to do the things I dreamt about...

Chauffeur and cheerleader for my family's interests - husband (electrical engineering, squash, woodworking, fitness, nature), daughter (7 - horseback riding, science, art) and son (10 - sailing, IT/robotics); mine are human rights and environmental / climate volatility efforts; music; travel; and enjoying nature. There's never enough time!

I thought I would respond as I also enjoy doing crafty things. :)

I enjoy making my own homemade lip balms, candles, and hopefully soon trying my hand at soapmaking. I used to do embroidery and loved it immensely. I also like to read - anything from classics to zombie horror to articles in TIME and other such magazines. One other hobby I do daily is read various quotations. It is something I started doing a few years ago and it has stuck with me. I would love to start a garden when I lose enough weight to be able to bend properly. I want to grow tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, and potatoes.

I like this...
I love music and singing
Cake decorating
Experimenting in the kitchen
And playing with makeup and NAILS

A couple of my favorite cakes...
0569753a2794538d265a50c6f7e9ee96_zpsd8e3e1a2.jpg

6d49ea779dc162a06c39721734c9ba01_zps4bdc47e1.jpg

0ae37a19c379c35bac7b1e6bbc381477_zpsab523b82.jpg

57ea6d28c05550d6394906ff55bf6e73_zpsd439c664.jpg

f88fe16c9c5685bdbe51991c71f6db1d_zps7525134f.jpg
Wow...those are awesome. You have some serious talent!

Latest posts

Back