What's your hobby?

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Mine, in no particular order:
Running a forum (DUH)
Household renovations (on hold right now...but we have some projects in the planning stage)
Graphics
Genealogy

I have my own site, GBLCreations (GBL stands for Graphics By Liz)
As part of that site, I have several other subdomains.
One for family, one for our pets, and one for genealogy.

I like this...
I love music and singing
Cake decorating
Experimenting in the kitchen
And playing with makeup and NAILS

A couple of my favorite cakes...
0569753a2794538d265a50c6f7e9ee96_zpsd8e3e1a2.jpg

6d49ea779dc162a06c39721734c9ba01_zps4bdc47e1.jpg

0ae37a19c379c35bac7b1e6bbc381477_zpsab523b82.jpg

57ea6d28c05550d6394906ff55bf6e73_zpsd439c664.jpg

f88fe16c9c5685bdbe51991c71f6db1d_zps7525134f.jpg

Lauren, you are really talented!!! @brooklyngirl

My hobbies:
reading reading reading- especially YA & Children's Lit.
cooking- love pinning & trying new recipes
makeup, esp. Mac / hair, esp. crazy highlights
Disney travel

Of course, I'm a full time grad student, substitute teacher, volunteer with CISV international camps, and mom of 2; so it's not like I have a bunch of time for the above!

Thanks ladies! And @shann I forgot children's lit! I have a very extensive and very prized collection of early childhood literature, some saved from when I was very young. There are easily thousands at this point and the only reason I haven't added any for a while is because I've been out of the classroom since June and haven't gotten my beloved scholastic catalogs :) I take children's books very seriously and I am THAT girl that gives books as gifts quite often :26:

Mine, in no particular order:
Running a forum (DUH)
Household renovations (on hold right now...but we have some projects in the planning stage)
Graphics
Genealogy

I have my own site, GBLCreations (GBL stands for Graphics By Liz)
As part of that site, I have several other subdomains.
One for family, one for our pets, and one for genealogy.
I just looked at your link. I'm always amazed at graphics. Did you design the elephant? It's beautiful.

I like this...
I love music and singing
Cake decorating
Experimenting in the kitchen
And playing with makeup and NAILS

A couple of my favorite cakes...
0569753a2794538d265a50c6f7e9ee96_zpsd8e3e1a2.jpg

6d49ea779dc162a06c39721734c9ba01_zps4bdc47e1.jpg

0ae37a19c379c35bac7b1e6bbc381477_zpsab523b82.jpg

57ea6d28c05550d6394906ff55bf6e73_zpsd439c664.jpg

f88fe16c9c5685bdbe51991c71f6db1d_zps7525134f.jpg
Oh I want to learn how to decorate cakes. My sister does them too, not for sale just for family/friends and get togethers. Nice work.

I love to cook, read books, mosaic work (haven't done in a while but need to find time again, relaxing). I love makeup and playing with different eye shadows.

Lately that's all I do is stay online so I guess that's a hobby also.

I just looked at your link. I'm always amazed at graphics. Did you design the elephant? It's beautiful.
I am a tuber (Paint Shop Pro)...what I do is clean the background off stuff and then use it in different ways. Tubing is like painting with a tube full of graphics instead of paint. Example...the butterfly in our logo is part of the software that I use...I took it and "squirted" it on a transparent layer and then on another layer, added the text.

Okay, examples: This is one I took and tubed:
Original: http://www.alanayers.com/Romance/15_Midnight-Magic.html
Here is what I did:

And here is what I MADE with it:

This is one of my favorite things to do...animate something...the original photo was not animated.
GraphicsbyLiz_Autumn-CataloocheeCreek.gif

And then there is snow(not that many want to see it right now)

And rain:

Oooh, I'm always impressed with how talented people are and love to read these.

Haven't had much time to do some of this lately, but will.

I like gardening and plant propagation (orchids are my favorite babies),
building and remodeling houses,
working with hot glass with torches or kiln,
metals - cast, weld, cold form, etc (usually for jewelry, but sometimes more practical things like a barrette or belt buckle).
Learning to knit crochet lately, but haven't made anything more than a hat and scarf.
Does reading count? Love reading books, but have been enjoying some lately via audio books while I paint.

yes, reading counts!! currently my favorite fiction is Louise Penny's series about murder in Quebec. I am reading The Beautiful Mystery right now.

love the cakes, Brooklyn Girl, and the graphics Liz - awesome.

I have been wanting to try music for some time and was recently inspired by a Patient who learned to play the cello in her 80s! I bought a keyboard 2 days ago. it's still in the box, mostly because the music and learn to play books won't be delivered until Friday. so - this weekend.

I have tried to learn on an acoustic piano twice now, so it's not completely from scratch - but almost - and it was hard even the first time which was in my teens. so, I am just assuming it will be hard but that's part of the point. brain exercise!

Latest posts

Back