What's your hobby?

Wish you were my next-door neighbor - if we weren't doing stuff together we could trade the leftovers of past passions. I remember that book, and it opened my eyes to stuff around me. In New England you can sometimes still find the remains of old farm kitchens - ancient apple trees, lonely rhubarb plants, escaped roses - and if you've sharpened your eye you can sometimes fall into a harvest. And you want chickens. You really do. When I can find it again I'll put in a link that will surely set you on the right road with that.

Do you have pictures of your hot glass work? Pleeze?

No pics of the beads sorry (I have no idea where down the basement my rock/jewelry stuff is!) I just took a few classes, but it was totally zen playing with it! I

Ah, chickens.. I'm a member of several area backyard chicken groups here, and a friend even has a trio. I have several breeds already picked out, coop plans.. it's insane, it's been many years obsessing. Timing right now isn't great to start any more projects.

My recent(est) things have been getting back into fishkeeping.. and birding.. Just joined a couple aquarium clubs, which doesn't bode well for the fact I already have a few tanks up & running, and a 55g down the basement empty, and now have a wishlist going there! Pic of my 46g tetra community tank, and a pic of me "helping" band hummingbirds at a local bird sanctuary, and may be going Sat to assist in banding some migratory birds.. nets up at 6am!

FYI, the hummer wasn't dead or stunned, just hadn't been on her back before & didn't realize she was free to take off, just long enough to snap a pic.. It was pretty cool having them in my hand for a second or two.

2r633ow.jpg

24gj2it.jpg

.. whoops, just realized I posted to a long-asleep thread. It was on my alert from a like, and didn't realize I wasn't responding to a new post!

sadly, it can be. it's not a good one!

I wish @RockDoc were still here - looks like she hasn't been here for over a year.

Jo, are you about to get chickens?! !!!

I tr
sadly, it can be. it's not a good one!

I wish @RockDoc were still here - looks like she hasn't been here for over a year.

Jo, are you about to get chickens?! !!!

NO MORE CRITTERS! :)

No, I wish.. but I really do have my hands full right now. I haven't given up the dream, even have a wish list of a few breeds, and a place I contacted in IL that sells heritage fertile eggs that's only three hours from me (because, you know, I'd have to hatch them myself :) )

Sitting on my ass. :D
Golf
Fishing (haven't gone for 3 years)
Traveling
Spending time with family

Just found this thread...
I used to be a dog trainer full-time. I did that for over 25 years and was just getting burned out and not able to work my own dogs plus all nights and weekends gets rough. Now Dog Training is my hobby, and I love it more than ever!

I volunteer with service dogs and therapy dogs as well as teaching some group classes on advanced tricks. BUT now I have time to work and show my own dogs! I have two Cardigan Welsh Corgis and two little Chihuahuas. 3 of the 4 do therapy work, 3 of 4 compete in Agility, do tracking, nose-work, and some Rally. All of them do different tricks. :laugh:

oh, that's wonderful LizJ - my dog needs a trainer! I found a man who does classes and had him come to our house for a private lesson and we scheduled one more for the following week (and then I was going to try her in a class) and he never showed up and never called me! I was bummed as he did really well with her.

send me a PM if you live anywhere near Northern NV. Or CA!

oh, that's wonderful LizJ - my dog needs a trainer! I found a man who does classes and had him come to our house for a private lesson and we scheduled one more for the following week (and then I was going to try her in a class) and he never showed up and never called me! I was bummed as he did really well with her.

send me a PM if you live anywhere near Northern NV. Or CA!
I'm from Callie so I might be able to hook you up!

Seriously talented people here I had forgotten about this thread. I have zero talent but I paint, train my dogs, cook/bake, read, write, DIY house stuff, sew, and knit.

Latest posts

Back