What's your hobby?

I'm a big counted cross stitch aficianado. Been doing it for the past 10 years and think I have in the neighborhood of 10+ completed projects.

I also am a pretty big reader as well. Still love going to the library to pick out new books to read

I like politics, philosophy, documentaries, tattoos & piercings.

The hobbies I used to have and am looking forward to taking back up: performance/competitive slam poetry, amateur/community acting and amuesment parks ( I may have mentioned that before haha).

I also want to pick up some hobbies: I want to learn to play acoustic guitar...I have one, but with fat hands, short fingers and now lap....yeah, its not pretty lol.. and I would like to get into amateur rally racing..have to learn to drive manual but meh....I just wanna go fast with my life on the line.

I think I may be an adrenaline junkie lol.

Reading fiction! After graduate school, it is so nice to not feel guilty for this again.
Knitting. I learned while PG with my second kiddo.
I'm really looking forward to adding less sedentary activities back into my life!

Are you aware of what slam poetry is? There are usually "slams" where people compete for money and a place in the national/international finals :) It's so much fun to be up there in front of everyone speaking your shit :)

Reading is my first love. I always have a book with me and couldn't survive without them.
Gardening, although I do it on a very small scale right now. My new homesite already has a greenhouse in place and I am so excited!
I want to learn how to quilt. I hope I have the patience for it because I love quilts and want to make them.
Essential oils and herbs. I am learning as much as I can.

I wish I could like that a hundred times, and you better be posting videos of your own performances!

I haven't performed since Uni...I won a spot in the nationals and kinda disapeared as flying at 540lbs freaked out me and I didn't want to have to explain myself. So in prep for my new life....Mike is taking me to a Slam in Oxoford on the 11th to remind me how much I love it and for our 7th anniversary :)

@DuodenalSwitchaRoo : yes, I do know what slam poetry is, I just wasn't aware one could compete in it. How is it scored? (Now I'm gonna have to look that up too) What an awesome DH to take you to rediscover your passion on your anniversary. We already see that he is cute…and thoughtful too???? You hit the jackpot there :)

Totally hit the jackpot! And he does dishes and cleans :) He also loves fat girls but 100% supports my weight loss goals and is my biggest cheerleader. Really, I have it both ways! He's not romantic in the typical sense as I don't get flowers or songs written about me lol, but I get so much more that most people can only dream of in a partner :)

I like readng too!
I love writing, poetry and silly shit. I also love climbing mountains and taking my dogs out into the Scottish Highlands for adventures. I adore travelling and exploring the world. On my time off we load up the car and bugger off to somewher new.
I love the sea as well and like being on it in it or around boats. I love talking to old folks in the fishing villages. They are always terribly behaved and my sort of people. Hearing oral traditions is precious and sadly a dying tradition. Hearing what dirty saggers and mad buggers they are also makes me realise we don't change all tht much between generations. I loe surrounding myself with rouges.
I live for cooking. I lik eating exotic and unusual things and will try almost everything once. I'm not good at baking but I still try. My oven is shit so that doesn't help. I am trying to be a domestic Goddess but tere is always outdoors that calls to me. I am half helium and always fighting the uge to float off somewhere.

@DuodenalSwitchaRoo : yes, I do know what slam poetry is, I just wasn't aware one could compete in it. How is it scored? (Now I'm gonna have to look that up too) What an awesome DH to take you to rediscover your passion on your anniversary. We already see that he is cute…and thoughtful too???? You hit the jackpot there :)

I never experience slam poetry where it isn't a competition lol. It's usually either for money and or a place to compete in the nationals for more money :) The judges are members of the audience with score cards. There are rules, a poem usually has to be at least so long but not too long (this changes depending on the slam), there are 3 rounds, people getting eliminated or progressing through each round, where usually by the end there are 3 winners, the first getting the biggest prize and the 3rd the least. It's so much FUN!!!!

Latest posts

Back