Sunday weigh in (06/14/2015)

Thanks brutha! My Dr. Ordered me Creon 36,000 mg tabs. I haven't taken any yet but will start Sunday. Want to be home until I determine what to expect from side effects, if any. I also plan to use it somewhat sparingly, though if weight keeps dropping I'll jump in with both feet. I do agree I'm malnourished ATM and this is the only way to fix that. I have been eating better, but I'm just not able to absorb enough. Creon should help a lot. I'm at work now, but will check protein labs. Has anyone else ever tried Ceon? Wondering about others experiences as well...
Please remember to take the creon only at the same time you eat. It is a one for one absorption with your food so if you take it too long before eating or if you take it after, you will get no benefit.

and you will need to follow labs frequently to see the affect that the creon is having and to get proper dosing. Weight is an indicator but you can increase weight (don't think you really want that 190 and 6'1 seems to be a good weight) and not increase your key lab values and malnutrition.

For the record, I don't take the same amount every day but I have the script written for 11 a day so that I have plenty to cover. I usually take 2 at meals (3times a day ...I eat more like a normie than DS folks who eat numerous meals) and one with snacks, but not always (if I am having a carb snack I don't take one) so I take 6-9 a day depending....probably fall closer to 6 because I think my absorption has picked up some...and too many makes my poop too solid and that is uncomfortable for me (bloaty/crampy and feels like poop gets stuck on exit sometimes...not fully emptying)....the looser stuff cleans me out better...but there is a fine balance between Creon, Welchol, and the type of food I eat ..high fat to carbs.

Latest posts

Back