A thread chronicling my journey to DS

Ahhh, that table turning barium swallow made me soooo sick and come on, rolling around and around when you are 300+ lbs on a small, hard table is a challenge. LOL It was my least favorite test. I'm sorry your endoscopy went poorly, that sounds stressful for all involved!!

I have GERD. My surgeon said there is a way to make the sleeve that reduces the reflux issue, something about the top being wider and being made a little looser. I don't know if it worked or not since I'm only 4.5 months out. I'm on a PPI but I was for about 10 years before surgery so if I have to continue it I will. I know the long term side effects can be problematic but I'm trying to avoid Barrett's Esophagus so....trade offs...

I have that issue with labs too. Hydrate well and hope you get someone good! I tend to have better luck getting them drawn in a medical center as opposed to a little Labcorp office. I think it is because medical centers often deal with people with medical issues getting labs, so they have more experience with tougher draws.

Latest posts

Back